Odometer cable replacement

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My CS has a metric speedometer. I have one that I have repaired that reads in MPH and miles. The MPH speedometer's odometer cable had been cut with a side snips. I had a devil of a time getting the grommet out of the speedometer can even with the cut cable completely removed and the speedometer out of it. Has anyone replaced one of these cables who can tell me how to get the good one out of the metric speedometer and into the MPH one? (Frankly, I don't mind KPH, but kilometers are an issue, since everything, including insurance requirements, is in miles.)

ES 1800

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My CS has a metric speedometer. I have one that I have repaired that reads in MPH and miles. The MPH speedometer's odometer cable had been cut with a side snips. I had a devil of a time getting the grommet out of the speedometer can even with the cut cable completely removed and the speedometer out of it. Has anyone replaced one of these cables who can tell me how to get the good one out of the metric speedometer and into the MPH one? (Frankly, I don't mind KPH, but kilometers are an issue, since everything, including insurance requirements, is in miles.)