HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coupes only came with a driver side mirror and the power mirror became an option in 1974. The buyer could have had the dealer add a passenger side mirror at purchase but some later owner added the flag mirror later.

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score
Coupes only came with a driver side mirror and the power mirror became an option in 1974. The buyer could have had the dealer add a passenger side mirror at purchase but some later owner added the flag mirror later.
Is your last comment ("... but some later owner added the flag mirror later") referring to the passenger side rear view mirror? I thought that mirror on my car was a "trap" style - what is a "flag" mirror? Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is your last comment ("... but some later owner added the flag mirror later") referring to the passenger side rear view mirror? I thought that mirror on my car was a "trap" style - what is a "flag" mirror? Thanks
From your pic you have a flag mirror which is almost as big as your electric mirror. A trapezoid mirror is fairly small and is not rectangular.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
My E9 came with electric mirror from the factory but on the driver side only.

Anyhow such equipment details are not provided by BMW Classic which is a pain. I was trying to contact original seller but he has rejected to provide any information due to information security reason.

All in all such a "square" mirrors were widely used by BMW for years including at least faclift E9s as original equipment.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Example of “trapezoid” mirror:
60A03B43-E7CA-429B-B04E-0D12A2DED1BF.jpeg