New Member introduction

nedrepsa

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

I have been a member of the BMW club since 1965 when it was a joint Bristol /BMW club.
I bought my first BMW 1500 NK when I was serving in the Royal Air Force in Cyprus.
Since then I have had numerous Bristols and still own 2 , both Type 403.
I owned a pair of 2800 E9, one manual and the other auto some years ago.
I currently own a 1976 E3 3.0 Si manual but now with a 3.5 motor and unusually for a RHD it is fitted with factory A/C, it was supplied new to Australia and is in remarkable condition , it is finished in Arktis blue with beige cloth interior.
I also owned a 1974 3.0 Csi which was one of the 435---- series of factory built RHD E9 until recently.
I also now own a 1972 3.0 CSI finished in Ceylon with black cloth trim.
I will post some photos when I can get my grand-daughter to show me how
Oh I almost forgot , I have also owned a 1971 2000 NK in the distant past.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum. It sounds like you have an extensive history with BMWs that could enrich us all. Photos are easy, the links are at the top of the message as you enter it. Modern digital cameras can make really big images, it's better to reduce the size a bit before posting, your granddaughter can help you with steps specific to your system. There are tools (programs) in every version of the software that runs your computer that can handle that simple task easily once you know where they are.
If you need further help, someone here can help.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! Very long "cooperation" with bavarians cars. I'm sure you can tell us a lot of your experience with these great cars you've had been driving and one you are still having.

We just can't wait for the pictures.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With the history and enthuasiasm you bring we should thank you for joining.

I love the Bavarias, owned four over the years. A buddy had a RHD so he got the wood "rail" while we Yanks got vinyl. He also had a sliding, canvas Webasto sunroof.
Can't wait to see your photos.

nedrepsa

Reaction score
With the history and enthuasiasm you bring we should thank you for joining.

I love the Bavarias, owned four over the years. A buddy had a RHD so he got the wood "rail" while we Yanks got vinyl. He also had a sliding, canvas Webasto sunroof.
Can't wait to see your photos.
The photos are a problem as I do not have a smartphone but both my cars are in the relevant registry.

E3 Vin. 3271264

E9 Vin 2262471

I am just replacing the front springs on the E3 with 31 33 1 111 817 which are E9 CSL original fit so that should be interesting to compare with the standard E3 springs

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My computer skills are minimal at best. How do I see your cars in the relevant registry? Or could you post them in this thread with a link?

thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the gruppe ! looking forward to seeing pix of the ceylon, one of the best coupe colors.

nedrepsa

Reaction score
My computer skills are minimal at best. How do I see your cars in the relevant registry? Or could you post them in this thread with a link?

thanks
My grand-daughter will be highly amused if someone like me ,with computer skills which are non-existent giving anyone advice.

When you go onto E9coupe.com you should see BMW CS Registry for E9 and BMW E3 Registry for E3 and you can look through the lists or put in a specific VIN to locate a particular vehicle

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome!
The Bristols type 403 pretty much count as BMWs in looks and lineage:).

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score