New Member in San Diego

dhanna

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been eyeing the E9s and doing tons of research for over a year now and I finally got my hands on one just in time for my birth-iversary this last October. I've still got lots to learn and I'm in the midst of some disassembly and cleaning in preparation for a 'new' engine out of a '92 735i (is that an E32?) I look forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Pics forth coming when I figure it out

Dan

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Where in SD are you located? We have several resources that are local including Carl at la Jolla ind Bmw.

Please post some pictures.
Gary

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome

Dan,

Yes the 92 735i is an E32. That is the engine I put in my car, along with a 265 5 speed. Regarding the transmission, be sure to use one that has the mechanical speedo drive. I would also recommend having Powertrain Industries in Garden Grove modify/shorten your driveshaft. Take the time to search this forum for any information regarding the 3.5 swap. I used several different search terms and printed everything to make up a file for reference. All of sfdon's posts on the subject are pure gold.

By the way, kudos for posting your location and name.

dhanna

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome

HI ALL!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Sorry for not replying sooner my notifications weren't / aren't set up properly. I tried to recently add some pictures to an album on my control panel but some security token issue kept popping up. (probably something to do with the photo size being larger than 800x800)

I live really close to Carl's shop in La Jolla I'm there about every other week taking pics and asking a zillion and three questions. (THANKS CARL and BEN!)

I've finished blowing apart most of the front end in prep for a blasting and undercoating.

So far there seems to be very little rust but I'll figure out the photos and maybe someone on here can tell me if I'm mistaken (fingers crossed)

remaining to be removed on the front of the car is the:
-Belt line trim
-Brakes booster support
-Brake lines
-Wiring*
-Heater box
-Windshield wiper motor

*The wiring is a terrible mess in the engine bay I've got most of it hanging off the firewall and I found numerous splices in the engine bay and under the dash.

I've re-wired two classic mustangs and a Karman Ghia but this wiring looks super intimidating I might be in over my head on the wiring.

dhanna

Reaction score
picture troubles

I still haven't figured out the posting pictures thing. I've got a lot of pics on my phone that I've synced up to my drop box and I've created an album on my User CP but every time I try to upload I get some sort of error.

Is it an issue with uploading direct from drop box on my Mac or is it a resolution / picture size limmit?

Thanks guys

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1.6Mb is about the max for photo upload from a computer. If you try to upload from an iPhone or iPad it will only take one photo per post. Links to photo sharing sites work well, some here know how to embed the photos themselves, I don't.

m73

Reaction score
Embedded image

To embed, right click on image ('get image info or url') copy that url.

Click on insert image icon (yellow background w/mountains) paste url & click ok.

The image should show up in your text box or preview.

Hope that helps,

Mo