Reaction score
And fix those inner door handles!

they are indexed wrong….

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome!
What a list Don. Our new member in Denver must feel like Danny Kaye trying to memorize the vessel with the pestle list...

scamluka

Reaction score
Welcome!
What a list Don. Our new member in Denver must feel like Danny Kaye trying to memorize the vessel with the pestle list...
Ha ha! Yes I am indeed!

I received the car yesterday and it's great, but I have a lot of questions and work to do. The list is just beginning. The rear windows don't lower, wipers don't work (not that I plan to drive in any rain), window seals seem shot, etc. The car drives great and I really love it. I'm not even sure what license plate adapter to get. I like the idea of mounting the plate over the European plate (on the car now). Any advice on that would be great. Sorry to be such a rookie. This is truly my first vintage BMW.

It would be great to meet up with the Denver members and get some in-person advice after you take a look.
Image 4-22-23 at 4.14 PM (1).jpeg
Image 4-22-23 at 4.13 PM.jpeg

Thanks-
Scott

5280JB

Reaction score
That must be quite a relief to see it roll off the truck and finally be with you. Looks like it made the voyage well.

Look forward to meeting you and seeing it in the metal!

Jim

scamluka

Reaction score
That must be quite a relief to see it roll off the truck and finally be with you. Looks like it made the voyage well.

Look forward to meeting you and seeing it in the metal!

Jim
Likewise, Jim. Keep me posted on when you all get together.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great!!
I bought a universal plate adapter that has the European bolt pattern on the body side and many patterns on the rear side. I have no European plate to keep, it was jus the the Lancia had just the European shape to mount.

Your electrical items seem simple, probably start from the rear window switches and see if the 12V gets through them.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Message me and I will send you a PDF of the owners manual if you don't have one, it's great introductory reading.

scamluka

Reaction score
Welcome! In Denver. Would love to get the coupes togother and meet ya.

JD
Sounds great to me. I need to get the brake lights working again but have been on the road too much to look at it. I should have it sorted next week, but probably can't meet until June 3rd? Does that work for you guys?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been quiet on here lately so welcome to all the new members in the Denver area.
June 4th is the Colorado Concours d'Elegance at Arapahoe Community College
I wasn't planning on bringing the E9, but if you want to meet up there, I will change my plans.
I'll post this info in the Events section so we don't drag scamluka's thread too far off topic

scamluka

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been quiet on here lately so welcome to all the new members in the Denver area.
June 4th is the Colorado Concours d'Elegance at Arapahoe Community College
I wasn't planning on bringing the E9, but if you want to meet up there, I will change my plans.
I'll post this info in the Events section so we don't drag scamluka's thread too far off topic
Sounds like fun. I've never been to any kind of event like this, so it will be fun to see how it works. I'll be there.

scamluka

Reaction score
Hello all - does anyone have any experience with importing a vehicle from the UK (ideally to Colorado). I have learned that the UK vehicle registration system does not have any sort of proof of ownership document (i.e. title). Evidently, the V5C logbook is all they have. That said, the DMV has registered my E9, but will not title it without an ownership document from the UK. Any guidance would be appreciated.
-Scott