New Member and New Car

dashby

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I just joined the e9 community. I live in East Hampton, New York. I just acquired a 3.0 csi VIN 2265429. It is living with my brother in Mill Valley California. Since the weather is getting bad over here, and they will be salting the roads soon, I wont be driving the car for a while, so I thought to have someone take a look at it out in California and maybe have some work done on it before bringing it here to sleep in my garage for the winter. I heard of a shop there called Paul Heynemann who seems to know a lot about these cars. Any feedback about them, or other suggestions in the Marin County area?

Thanks-DON

corvair kid

Reaction score
You might check out Bill Arnold BMW Repair in San Rafael (10 minutes up the freeway from Mill Valley). It's a busy shop - BMW=Basic Marin Wheels - but Bill works on the older cars personally since, as he says, he's the only one working there who was alive when they were made. If you're not in a hurry, he might be willing to have the car around for a while and work on it as he has time. He takes great care of my Bavaria, and is pretty well known for the '72 "FrankenBav" that he built and ran in the Targa Newfoundland and One Lap of America.