New Member 3.0 CSL

Marc-M

Reaction score
Hello to All

I have recently purchased a RHD 3.0CSL and will be restoring it over the next few years after my jaguar XK150.
I have always lusted after this car and was fortunate to come across one not so far from where I live; however, it’s in a bad state of repair and will need a total rebuild.
It has its aluminium doors boot and bonnet with the bucket seats and correct steering wheel, and the correct chassis numbers.
I believe the engine to be matching, but could not find where the number was stamped, it is seized – so a full rebuild will be needed.
A picture of the engine may show it’s correct or not?
IMG_6033_zps1emhl9q0.jpg

IMG_6034_zpshjzakzcn.jpg

IMG_6036_zpsekmqo4as.jpg

IMG_6040_zpsgjmmzxlw.jpg

some shots of what is left of the inside!
IMG_6044_zps3vxlhczb.jpg

IMG_6045_zpsv6p1mbk2.jpg

I have done a few ground up restorations and enjoy the whole process, but they have all been 1950 to 1960s cars. However my wife does get a bit upset with me some times when I spend every night till 10.30 in the garage!
I Luck forward to going through the Forum and gleaning information from everyone and posting pictures of the rebuild.
Kind regards

Marc

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Marc, some of the members can tell you much more than I about the CSL, I was not sure if they were available with fuel injection or if they all came with carbs- others will know, looks like a big job- Please post your progress in the restorations section and I'm sure you will want to register the VIN.

Good luck!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like fun

The engine number is at the back near the firewall and a bit down low. You can spot it with your iPhone set on movie leaning over the left front fender.
It should match the VIN.

You can get new seat fabric from Gerrit on this board. Send him a pm. Or go to his site, nml-depot.de

Correct headliner material is available from coupeguy.com in Colorado.
It is the right pattern. It is a copy of the original headliner that was in my CSL. It is darn close.

Vsr1.com in New Hampshire USA makes very nice front air dams.

Good luck!

Scott

Marc-M

Reaction score
Thanks to all - when i get it home out of the barn, i will be posting the full resto of the car.
Thanks for telling me where the engine number is.. will have a good look.
Also for the heads up to where to get some things, the head lining is black, but i have not looked at that yet....

Kind regards

marc