New home for 73 Chamonix CS

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The shifter boot looks great and is staying. Besides you don’t have to worry about red shifter boots from me because Mike B already made me promise not to do it. Anything I do to this car that is not original will be reversible because I think there is value in preserving the unmodified cars that have made it this far. For example, although I am thinking about paintIng the 15 inch gold BBS basket weaves that also came with the car silver and use them I would retain the original wheels. I also got a nice looking pair of Zeniths from Mike B and might try rebuilding them myself and installing them. Then I can refresh the hood insulation. The car runs great now but I like the originality of the Zeniths. Warn me now if you think that’s a journey without end.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chris,

I’ve been to Monterey car week may times and it would be great fun to meet a big group of knowledgeable coupe owners that I only know by their forum presence.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
OCCoupe, (Mike B) just let me know I mistakenly gave the pre purchase credit to BMachine instead of him. Somehow I got the wrong handle for Mike. Mike is a true gentleman and was fantastic entertaining all of my newbie questions and desire to be confident in the car’s condition.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Reviewing the car records I found that Roger Wray owned the car from 93 -95. I don’t know him but he’s been Very active in BMWCCA for years and once ran the E9 Registry. He’s now in Florida and moved on to E31s. I am going to email him at his BMWCCA address to get more history. It will be fascinating to find out more about his time with it.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OCCoupe, (Mike B) just let me know I mistakenly gave the pre purchase credit to BMachine instead of him. Somehow I got the wrong handle for Mike. Mike is a true gentleman and was fantastic entertaining all of my newbie questions and desire to be confident in the car’s condition.
Lol. I just noticed this.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Hi @Norm! ,

I fixed the shout outs on your first post. Now @OCCoupe (Mike B) can finally get his name out there as a coupe expert. :D

Disclaimer: If you joined after April 2020 I am kidding. @OCCoupe set the bar on nice coupes.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mark, thanks for correcting my mistake and crediting OCCoupe. This mix up must be as common as you say because I think someone else gave me BMachine as Mikes handle sense I haven’t met or talked to Bo. I obviously need to if he is a “twin“ to Mike and in Nor Cal! One funny thing about this is that I’m an identical twin and got very used to being called the wrong name in school but unfortunately girl friends always got it right.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I am driveIng it and windows down is definitely the best. The first change will be delivering the 15 x7 BBS wheels tomorrow to be powder coated and quality tires mounted. The stock wheels are shod with no name tires put on just to show it at Legends.