IMG_1578.JPG

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ORDERED FROM CS WERK
YET HE SEND THE WRONG STUFF

Alan,
In all fairness, you ordered and received ‘Raute’ which is ‘Diamond’ and you probably wanted ‘Wabe’ which is ‘Honeycomb’.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
These installed where exactly? On the firewall in the passenger compartment?

On the underside of the fenderwells (front)?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ah right. Hah! I ordered a set from Chris too (got the correct honeycomb). Not sure why the shape threw me.

However, my car will eventually not be a 100-point correct show car, so I may forgoe it as I don't think it looks good; especially when they start curling w/age.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i drew the patterns of these pieces and test fit them on m5bb's coupe after painting. fit seemed pretty good. i used the images of CS Werk's pieces and a set that came off of an early 2800cs. 3m makes this type of material and you can cut it out ... i have decided to leave it off of my coupe.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
i drew the patterns of these pieces and test fit them on m5bb's coupe after painting. fit seemed pretty good. i used the images of CS Werk's pieces and a set that came off of an early 2800cs. 3m makes this type of material and you can cut it out ... i have decided to leave it off of my coupe.
Soooo you're saying you'll be posting the patterns on the forum soon? That's really nice of you. ;)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan ... i will have to find them and see if i have them in anything other than autocad format. i don't have a version of autocad at the exact time ... this may change in a few weeks. i will check with some of the other architects on the forum and get one of them to PDF the drawing. Happy to put the drawing into the public domain ... as long as it isn't used for individual profit ... just like the rear interior trunk panel, anybody who wants to use it can pay a royalty to this Forum.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question - ( in a long line of dumb questions from me ) - Do they make a difference, acoustically?