New E3 Member in New Jersey

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'm happy to be a part of the group. I've owned a few 2002's and an E30, and I just purchased my first E3 a few months ago. It's a 1969 2800, Atlantik, which was an eBay barn find out of Washington State. I think someone made a post of it on this forum while it was still for sale. I had it delivered to my home in Northern New Jersey and really love it; I'm just digging into it and it of course needs a lot of work. I've replaced most of the ignition system, tires, clutch master cylinder, calipers, rotors, and am currently having the hard brake lines redone by a mechanic here as they were turning to dust. It has the triple Weber 40 setup (all of which probably need rebuilding), which seems really cool, but I'm admittedly over my head mechanically with that. Nonetheless, I'll work through it. The body is in really great shape, and after I cleaned it up I'm really impressed with how well it shows considering that it sat for so long. There are quite a few records that came with the car, from which I can tell that I am effectively the 2nd/3rd owner (I say maybe second and the real second owner did nothing but store it), and the first owner was a very active member of the BMW CCA in Southern California. This is going to be a heck of a project with some happy and not-so-happy surprises that reveal themselves along the way, but I'm really loving the car from the start.

Good to meet you all, and looking forward to learning with you,

Ric

Attachments

• win1.jpg
    win1.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 85
  • win2.jpg
    win2.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 82
  • win3.jpg
    win3.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 86
  • win4.jpg
    win4.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 85
  • win5.jpg
    win5.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 79
  • win6.jpg
    win6.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 81
  • win7.jpg
    win7.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 79
  • win8.jpg
    win8.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 83

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. The collective knowledge on the site will be an indispensable resource as you get your e3 road worthy.
Atlantic blue is just a great color and apart from the triple webers your car looks very original.
I would imagine that the engine or at least the head were upgraded before webers were installed.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. The collective knowledge on the site will be an indispensable resource as you get your e3 road worthy.
Atlantic blue is just a great color and apart from the triple webers your car looks very original.
I would imagine that the engine or at least the head were upgraded before webers were installed.
Good Luck!
Thanks John!