New CS on BaT.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
those speakers in the door panels - uggh ... decent looking car in a great color. would have preferred to see the C tube injection manifold.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
those speakers in the door panels - uggh ... decent looking car in a great color. would have preferred to see the C tube injection manifold.

Agreed, I had to have the CSi style manifold on mine when I switched to fuel injection. It's a great looking car in a great color combo - and I love the Recaros. It definitely has the look.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i must admit, i didn't look that close at the door panels ... but it looks like real stitch lines that aren't exactly parallel. if that is the case, why would you cut holes in them to put speakers in

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh man... Quick glance and this appears to be another top dollar example. I wonder if he'll trade for a silver one. :)

posix

Reaction score
i always have mixed feelings on front air dams....

i like the recaro seats, they look much more comfortable than stock ones hehe

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Although not an original e9 color I like garnet. I too am ambivalent about the air dams. I have one and cannot decide whether to install.

did you see the restoration receipts! There was some nasty tinworm damage. I wonder what the reserve is? Will this one brake the $100K mark?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, sure is purty on the outside, but what's going on underneath?

1974_bmw_3-0cs_160191321221b2e7Novak-3.0-rust-right-rear-susp-pickup-scaled.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure if those are pre-restoration pictures of the crud underneath, or current pics.

That pic is part of the restoration shots so has to be pre-rust remediation. Glad they included them if for nothing else to help educate the masses....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That pic is part of the restoration shots so has to be pre-rust remediation. Glad they included them if for nothing else to help educate the masses....

Ad is a little all over the place. There is no clear invoice line item for the rockers, but it does say this in the description: "The body received metalwork to address rocker panel, trunk, and floor pan rust in 2007 before being refinished in its original Garnet Red Metallic (25). "

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That rear subframe attachment point pic makes me feel great about my car. This one looks nice, and clearly a lot was spent on it. But God is in the details...

RMP

Site Donor $
Reaction score
800 miles in 2 years. What a shame... NMNA

This is a very nice car, I have seen it up close many times while it was with the owner who restored it and VSR1 serviced it.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seller just confirmed the rocker shot is pre-restoration. But no comments on the early appearance of the BMW rechargeable flashlight! And the armrest...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, probably more than $140k in restoration! That's amazing considering it wasn't even taken down to a shell and blasted on a rotisserie. Engine still in it during repaint.

I imagine reserve is north of $125k. May just get it.

May not be 100% correct, but the Oldenzaahl cars appear to be a bit cleaner (at least underneath).

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
RNM at $82K. It was stalled at $50k for days but took off a little in the few minutes. I'm little surprised it didn't fair better, it's great looking car.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In my opinion, a lot of it had to do with presentation (not necessarily the car). The side mirrors are crooked/sagging. Photos of the interior show cob webs and mildew. These details quickly offer a view of a car that is not as loved and cared for as another without these presentation flaws. There were also photos of the significant rust before restoration, but I couldn't find similar photos that supported correctly mitigated metalwork. Without that, it is hard to know what is under the rustproofing. I think I even see current rust in between the carpet and the seat track in the restored car. Not sure, but that's what it looks like to me. Again, just my opinion. I didn't go see the car to confirm or deny these casual observations. But presentation and representation is required to command big money, in my opinion.

EDIT: also ashtay that is half falling out, gas door rubber that is not clipped to car. Again, details... Let alone evidence of a properly restored chassis. It is impossible to know with the photos shown.

Last edited: