New buyer in Portland, OR

Carmen

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been following the forum for some time trying to sort out what to look for. I am a serious buyer looking for a clean 3.0 in the $20-$35K range. Prefer manual vs.auto. No real color preference.

I've seen a few on here on consignment:
[link]

Anyone familiar with this dealer?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Last edited:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
RUN...don't walk away from this business. It is an overpriced E9 and other vintage BMW new/used parts retailer and is not a legitimate car dealer. None of the coupes advertised is his. This one man operation business practice is to "pilfer" various online coupe ads and hopes to get a commission when the car does sell from the legit seller. So in essence, he is acting as a illegitimate middle man, without the seller's knowledge. He has done this shady dealings for years, so don't know why he is allowed to continue to do so.

There are nice coupes out there that fit your desires and needs, such as ebay, your local Craigslists and other reputable classic BMW dealers/restorers. Look up Carl Nelson (La Jolla independent) or Coupeking in SoCal. Keep looking patiently and good luck,

tmason

Reaction score
Hi Chris
I looked yesterday at a silver 74 with navy interior that is one very nice couple.Already converted 3.5+5 speed and one of the cleanest installs I have seen.The guy name is Brian and his number is 775-331-4366 Rennsport if your interested.I know he is above your high but cash is always King so you never know.Car is in Reno.
Tim

Carmen

Reaction score
Tim, Bert,

Thanks for the info. I will follow up with both. I expect this may be a long journey. I'm flexible on what I will pay given the right vehicle.

Chris

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
1966 2000c ?

Chris

Your link is one of a white 1966 2000C that looks like a scrap car. Asking $5000

I think they accidentally added an extra ZERO

Is that the link?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's not as bad as the pics, mostly surface rust and under rear window. All original parts are still there including glass fuel filter in engine bay and radio, pretty cool bits and pieces.