New BAT - 72 csi - Guess?

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be disappointed if BAT doesn't post my long-winded rant that I just submitted. :(
btw, i agreed with essense of your post, and posted this
I echo and agree with everything @markos just said below. Everything. I bought my coupe about 7 years ago for $21k, and had a blast driving it across the country and turning heads all the while. In fact, I got more compliments that it looked like a driver that I enjoy vs. a show queen. I have no regrets paying $21k 7 years ago as this car has gone up in value, and now when I am ready I am doing the restoration, sort of.

The buyer will love this car. I just hope the seller has a reasonable reserve.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
$32.5k. But I'll be happy if proved low ;). I was way off on the heavy project CSI plus parts on BAT a while ago.

Considerations: Rust hard to evaluate, Engine description questionable for d-jet system.

Paul

BTW this is close to me, so if a member has more than casual interest, I may be able to take a look.

You win! My adjusted price was:
Just looked at the pictures more carefully. I suspect LOTS of rust hiding in plain sight. Adjusting bid to $30k

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here we go again, just posted in BAT comments: Author: ragtopdodge Comment: FYI: for anyone who bid but didn't win, be on the lookout for a rare CSi with both SUNROOF AND AC either here or EBay in the next couple weeks.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd note no one here took me up on offer to visit car. Maybe this one didn't spark that much interest after all.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m sure the comments didn’t help this one....
I wouldn't be surprised if the sharper comments either here or on BaT attenuated bidding. But I'd argue that a seller that handled the presentation in a different way may have re-focused that negative energy towards more fruitful results. Not suggesting this seller was not transparent. It was just not an information rich offering imho.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the sharper comments either here or on BaT attenuated bidding. But I'd argue that a seller that handled the presentation in a different way may have re-focused that negative energy towards more fruitful results. Not suggesting this seller was not transparent. It was just not an information rich offering imho.
If you look at what the seller had sold in previous BAT auctions, it was mostly more modern stuff with fully galvanized bodies (Porsches), so the world of handbuilt rustbuckets was not his world. Modern cars are a lot easier to buy and sell. Wonder what the overrev report on the DME of the Csi showed? (that was my attempt a joke, but it is hugely important to buyers of modern P-cars).

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
My guess of 50k was high this time and I will still think that relative to other cars sold, at 32k this was a good deal. Even though we all guess that there is rust lurking at the A-pillar mounts and in the fenders and some in the footwells. it was a complete driving car that could be enjoyed as is. Substantially I would have expected the factory CSi variation to have at least pushed it to 40k as an original survivor. I agree that BaT can be unpredictable and also is very dependent upon not only the number of people interested to buy the car, but their ability to buy the car at that point in time. I would gladly be the said winner of the auction!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
BAT buyers seems to pay big bux to low mileage, mint #1 or #2 vehicles. Anything less, I find it's a buyer's market.