Need to copy a key

JPB 74

Reaction score
I recently acquired a 1974 CSi but only have one key for it. Can anyone recommend a place to get a copy made in the northern NJ area?

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can find coupe key makers in Search…I used Keys for Classics a few years ago, happy with results.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think you will have a hard time getting a pebra dimple key copied locally. Try...

They are the best. They can even make you a valet key based on the numbers on the original key. That is if non of the locks have been changed.
Of course you have to provide them with proof of ownership.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would go to Santa Monica lock and Key but just for the record these guys have made me keys in the past - I went to their store, don't know if they mail it:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FYI there are 3 sources listed in the FAQ best sources. Always recommend looking there to find recommendations. Santa Monica is one of these 3

Honolulu

Reaction score
I'm told that Mercedes of the era used the same keys (and vaguely remember seeing one once) so check with the classic Benz shops, they should know. Better than having to go cross country for a key you don't immediately require.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of course you have to provide them with proof of ownership.
Just curious what they want to see for proof of ownership. Anyone know? I would think there is a certain amount of liability if they are asking people to photo or fax their title.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just curious what they want to see for proof of ownership. Anyone know? I would think there is a certain amount of liability if they are asking people to photo or fax their title.

I was once told of that. Every time I went there, had my car with me.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I sent Santa Monica the keys and blanks, returned to me complete no questions asked. Call first and give them the heads up.

JPB 74

Reaction score
Just got my key from keys4classics. It’s perfect. I was able to track the entire shipping process with a link they sent. Thanks for the assistance.