My New to me 3.O

3.OCS#1

Reaction score
Hi All
I am new to this forum, I am having difficulty navigating it and don't find where I can actually join the group.
I just bought a 1974 3.O CS, 3.O is my dream car. Today the UPM light came on, which is at the bottom of the Tach, and nowhere can I find reference to what this light is or references?
I am a mechanic by trade and 35 years ago in my heyday owned a few 2002's and worked on many BMW's, but I am retired now and am revisiting the mechanics of the 6 cylinder and other aspects of this car.
Any information is helpful and also maybe a good parts store/s where to obtain BMW items such as say a directional canceller switch assembly.
Thanks, Bruce
UPM.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a thread listing many suppliers, you can search for it. Are you referring to the metal tab that mounts on the steering column to cancel the blinker?

3.OCS#1

Reaction score
There is a thread listing many suppliers, you can search for it. Are you referring to the metal tab that mounts on the steering column to cancel the blinker?
I guess that's what I am referring too. I have not pulled the steering wheel to see what is actually going on. I do know that the blinker arm does not cancel and return to its horizontal position turning the wheel in either direction so I assume the tab is broken.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have not pulled the steering wheel to see what is actually going on. I do know that the blinker arm does not cancel and return to its horizontal position turning the wheel in either direction so I assume the tab is broken.
It might have come loose and only be misaligned - quite common.