motronic 1.3 electrical problem

fidosd9

Reaction score
I converted to motronic 1.3. with engine harness from a 90 535i 5 speed I got the car running but I have little problem. I did not do any modification to engine harness. I bolted the ecu under the glove compartment the car stared right up but when i step on the gas pedal it would have no throttle response sounds like its running out of gas. I could not find what was wrong until i unbolted the ecu from the car and the car ran great with no problems. so I got my voltmeter and found 0.27 volts cumming out of the ecu metal housing with the ignition on. so i'm guessing when i bolt up the ecu to the metal body of the car it shorts out something i could not find anything that could be doing this for the mean time my ecu just sits in the glove compartment unbolted

61porsche

Reaction score
das sparken

is more likely the result of a sensor that has been wired incorrectly. 1.3 sends a .5v signal to a select few sensors. O2 sensor being one for example. The rest are mainly just grounding circuits. Find the short ( miss connected sensor) and my bet is your problem goes away.

A pin output diagram would be helpful, available on a web search.

If you haven't disconnected the battery- you can read the fault code on 1.3 ( at least the last 5)