More BaT E9 parts

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That is an enormous collection of parts from many many car breaks!! Because the highest bidder will likely be here to sell in smaller batches I can't wait to see individual pieces.

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I want to second @vince 's comment. Clearly organized by a guy who respects and understands coupes. Inventory items are much more valuable than the lot in Florida. GLWTS!

JimmyJamesee

Reaction score
Thanks Paul and Vince. Having painstakingly desassbled a CS and then rebuilt it, I appreciate the unique and valuable nature of the various pieces.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, I met James whilst out on a carburetor tuning run. I had developed a consistent route with transition, cruise and full throttle segments, and then collected data using different calibrated parts to refine my setup. I was doing a shortened run, testing transition and cruise, and ended as usual in the parking lot of a nearby church. As I was pulling in, I noticed I was being followed by a guy in a non-descipt sedan, and when I came to a stop we struck up a conversation. Oddly, having done similar unusual things when I unexpectedly spotted a classic car, I quickly understood why James had followed me into the parking lot.

James was effusive about all things BMW, gave me his number and invited me to see his 2000CS project. Sadly, I never did and now his project car has been sold.

I learned subsequently that my buddy Tom Baruch sold James some welding equipment and gave James some tips on sill repair. For those who have not seen it, James' video on his metal work is pretty cool:

JimmyJamesee

Reaction score
Chris,

I remmber that moment. I thought "holy shit! an e9! Follow him!". Like seeing a movie star at the grocery store. An exceptional 3.0cs you have sir!

Tom Baruch. He really mentored me on rebuilding and fabricating an e9/typ120 body (chassis). Totally amazing and awesome guy. I bought his welder and a whole bunch of his fabrication tools. Helped him pack up some of his garage and bid him farwell to SC few years back.

Chris, I noted in the most recent "Ultimate Classic" (Instant Old Friends) that you are featured along with Tom for coming to the resuce of Frank Greppo's 3.0cs sticking throtte issue Dirk noted him as Tom "Barach". I assume he meant Baruch (unless there is yet another e9 guru out there named Barach)? I couldn't tell for sure, Tom's back is to the camera. That was an interesting article. 850i, 635csi, and a 3.0cs all having mechancial issues on a long road trip. I chuckle because I keep telling myself my 69 2002 is an old BMW. Now I realize 90s era BMWs are OLD BMWs. It all worked out for the crew in the end and the article really highlights what a great community we are.

Thanks for the kudos on my video from resto blog.

Look forward to seeing you down the road!

v/r
James

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chris,

I remmber that moment. I thought "holy shit! an e9! Follow him!". Like seeing a movie star at the grocery store. An exceptional 3.0cs you have sir!

Tom Baruch. He really mentored me on rebuilding and fabricating an e9/typ120 body (chassis). Totally amazing and awesome guy. I bought his welder and a whole bunch of his fabrication tools. Helped him pack up some of his garage and bid him farwell to SC few years back.

Chris, I noted in the most recent "Ultimate Classic" (Instant Old Friends) that you are featured along with Tom for coming to the resuce of Frank Greppo's 3.0cs sticking throtte issue Dirk noted him as Tom "Barach". I assume he meant Baruch (unless there is yet another e9 guru out there named Barach)? I couldn't tell for sure, Tom's back is to the camera. That was an interesting article. 850i, 635csi, and a 3.0cs all having mechancial issues on a long road trip. I chuckle because I keep telling myself my 69 2002 is an old BMW. Now I realize 90s era BMWs are OLD BMWs. It all worked out for the crew in the end and the article really highlights what a great community we are.

Thanks for the kudos on my video from resto blog.

Look forward to seeing you down the road!

v/r
James
Yes, that was us. Frank was chatting about his trouble at dinner, and Tom and I began to talk about what might cause the problem. One thing led to another and we were out in the parking lot looking at the linkage rods, bell crank, etc.

coupelady

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this has been discussed but just in case: there is a very nice collection of parts on BaT. The seller did take much time to lay the offerings out nicely so you can see what is included. At 2,100.00 right now with a few days left on the auction. I bet the $$ will go crazy as the days dwindle.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
woweewow-wow-wow .... that was some finish. this auction was a hell of a lot higher quality than the previous parts auction. well presented ... so you did well Jimmy.