Monterey or bust

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quite the adventure today through Indianapolis, pouring buckets of rain with lightning strikes right next to us coupled with truck spray made visibility almost zero. Poor DWMBMW lost his driver side wiper somewhere along the "zero visibility zone" in the pouring rain with fogged up windows too. VSR again making the impossible happen drop shipping wiper arms and blades to our next hotel. Aside from that there's no news.
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_4234.jpg
Monterey Sticker.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is great to follow your mission, after a day like that I'd be deep into an adult beverage right about now.

TodB

Reaction score
Quite the adventure Andrew! The truck with our coupes is spending the night in Ooookla-homa (where the wind comes sweepin' down the plan). No rain there :).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is great to follow your mission, after a day like that I'd be deep into an adult beverage right about now.

The gas stations in Youngstown sell "Craft Beer", as confirmed by the pic above!

I don't know if I could watch the road with a Taiga CS in front of me. :D

Andrew, your RS wheels look stunning!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I find myself checking the forum more often looking for updates from you guys! Next week is going to be nuts on the forum...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
It is funny to see all this talk about wipers. For months and months, I didn't think twice about the wipers on my car. Then, when I was visiting Gary Knox buying a set of seats he offered me a set of black wipers to match my hood grills and I jumped on them even though one did not have the proper hook on the end.

I hadn't installed the black wipers. Then I got caught in the rain for the first time and lo and behold my driver's side wiper flew off. I found it on the side of the road, but the little piece of spring steel that clamps into the gear slot and holds the wiper in place was gone. So, I swapped the black wiper onto the drivers side and went to the PVGP with the "Oakland Raiders" look. Thereafter, I stopped at Tom Baruch's place to obtain from him my rekeyed trunk lock and to my surprise, he says "you can't go to California with mismatched wipers", and he pulls the black wiper off the passenger side of his car and swaps it for my silver one. I hope we don't need them in CA, but if we do my wipers now match.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My driver side wiper came off in a heavy storm on the way to Amelia Island one year, fortunately it landed aganst the base of the window/hood and I was able to retrieve it. I've done the torrential rain/Rain-x deal too and it's no fun.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
DWM, you da man! where there's a will there's a way! Alan, I might have turned around and listened to them on the radio... but maybe not :)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
where did you get those door labels

Door labels are for the BMW Vintage & Classics CCA Tour to Monterey called The Roads To Monterey Tour. Each participant received 2 numbered stickers to put on the doors. Close to 50 registrants on this tour.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
The good news is that there was no rain today on our travels from Indiana to Topeka, Kansas. The great news (for me) is that a new set of wiper arms and blades arrived at the hotel this evening (thank you very much Mario and Andrew). The bad news is the oppressive heat index was 109 today which is more than a vintage BMW AC can overcome so I went with windows down. The real bad new s for me was I could not keep up with the others because my car kept bucking going up the inclines. I am thinking it is because I am starving the triple webers as they are used to Miami sea level and flat terrain. I adjusted the pressure regulator to maximum fuel delivery and am hoping this helps. Not sure what has been more stressful so far, driving without wipers or having to park my daily driver next to Andrew's impeccably restored Athena.

Doug

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Missouri loves company (giggle). Hoping Doug's BMW running issue has been fixed with the fuel regulator adjustment, we'll find out tomorrow. Hoping tomorrow is cooler as our merry band of travelers makes their way to Boulder 558 miles from hotel to hotel.

IMG_4265.jpg
IMG_4253.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What size main jets do you have? I can Fedex you some bigger ones.

The good news is that there was no rain today on our travels from Indiana to Topeka, Kansas. The great news (for me) is that a new set of wiper arms and blades arrived at the hotel this evening (thank you very much Mario and Andrew). The bad news is the oppressive heat index was 109 today which is more than a vintage BMW AC can overcome so I went with windows down. The real bad new s for me was I could not keep up with the others because my car kept bucking going up the inclines. I am thinking it is because I am starving the triple webers as they are used to Miami sea level and flat terrain. I adjusted the pressure regulator to maximum fuel delivery and am hoping this helps. Not sure what has been more stressful so far, driving without wipers or having to park my daily driver next to Andrew's impeccably restored Athena.

Doug