Monterey car week 2022

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I know it’s not till august, but time flies.
Who’s planning on attending? Favorite spot? Hidden gems? Must see? Best coffee spots? Your favorite place to stay?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I will be there Thursday to Monday. I have a friend with a house in Pacific Grove, so staying there this time.

Might be driving from SFO straight to Legends! Hopefully can catch some of it. The Pebble Beach tour that same day is pretty excellent, and free to watch the start near the Gooding Tent at PB. Or see the cars stop in downtown Carmel.

Asilomar Conference Center may have rooms. Great location, has underground parking for your show car, cool place. Dated decor, but oh well. Pricing not too bad. Call now.

The day of the Concours, doing Dawn Patrol is fun. But you will need to figure out parking, or pay for some premium parking. There is basically no parking open that early, except the parking for judges, class hosts. In general parking for the Concours is tough. Most have to take shuttles into Pebble Beach (which is a gated community). Sometimes you can park at random homes, who have opened their driveways for parking (for 50 bucks).

Scott

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Legends this year will be on Thursday the 18th as everything is moved up one day including the races at Laguna Seca. I will be at Legends obviously.
Do you know where Legends will be this year? Hopefully it is back at the golf course and not at the fairgrounds like last year

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Legends looks to be at a new golf course with an excellent location, I’m not free to disclose just yet. It is Thursday the 18th, same day as Pebble Tour which I have volunteered for the last ten years so i will miss it this year. Races are Thursday thru Sat this year too. No Sunday races as many of the featured Le Mans cars will be at Pebble. I have heard there ‘might’ be a BMW corral at the track this year. And after ten years or so I won’t be at Pebble on Sunday, I need to enjoy car week for a change. It has been incredibly stressful and I don’t need Sandra Button calling me out because an owner wasn’t in his car to start the show.

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Legends this year will be on Thursday the 18th as everything is moved up one day including the races at Laguna Seca. I will be at Legends obviously.

Chris, still no BMW corral at Laguna Seca? [EDIT: just saw your other post.] Hope there'll be a corral again this year. That's half the fun.

Last edited: