Metric speedometer

Wladek

Reaction score
Till the end 0f 72' all of e9 had slightly yellowish instrument panel signs. Snow white was from ca. 73' up
My 3.0csi from October 1972 also have original slightly yellowish signs.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
interesting, but i have seen many '72 3.0cs with white (not off-white) gauges. the gauge that is the difference is the tach. the 2800cs tach redline is lower than the 3.0cs. i haven't personally seen an off-white tach with the lower redline ... not saying it doesn't exist ... just never have seen one.

Wladek

Reaction score
I have three complete instrument panels:
1972 from my 3.0csi - yellowish
1973 3.0cs - white
1975 2.5cs - white

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wladek,

Do you have the date stamp on the back of the yellowish instruments? I had never known this either, just wondering if it could have been replaced with an earlier cluster.

Wladek

Reaction score
Wladek,

Do you have the date stamp on the back of the yellowish instruments? I had never known this either, just wondering if it could have been replaced with an earlier cluster.
Yes, they have
CSI - 9/71'
3.0CS - 3/73'
2.5CS - 4/75'
But to be true - because out of curiosity and suspicion i went couple minutes ago to my garage to see them all one more time. And I have to tell - that this yellowish really might be just because of age. Strange thing is that all of signs on all panels of CSI (fuel, tacho, speedo, clock) have almost 100% the same colour (no stains, no shades etc.)
CSI just have different clock with plastic back. Of course all speedo's have different ratios.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Till the end 0f 72' all of e9 had slightly yellowish instrument panel signs. Snow white was from ca. 73' up
My 3.0csi from October 1972 also have original slightly yellowish signs.

Cool good to know!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got the winning bid for the speedo. It sold for much less than the MPH ones. Ohmess has expressed interest in the chrome ring.

Ian