Member of the Year - BMW CCCA

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just received the latest (and best yet) copy of the BMW Classic Car Club of America magazine a couple of days ago. Great articles in this one, and the great news for all of us e9 owners on this Forum is that one or our MOST ACTIVE MEMBERS - Andrew Wilson was selected as the BMW CCCA member of the year for 2017. He DOES drive the 3.0 CS Athena) and 2002tii (Vern) a LOT more than most of us drive our classics.

Ferdinand Porsche would also be proud of him (quoted as saying at Pebble Beach Concours "our cars are made to be driven not polished"). Of course Andrew also gets lots of awards for his polishing results as well - ha.

Congratulations Andrew,

Gary

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is very exciting - so wonderful to recognize a member that owns/drives classic BMWs (back when they were designed well). Congratulations Andrew!!!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

As I understand, it was NOT a winning number, but a winner as judged by the BMW CCCA leadership. Well deserved in my opinion.

Gary

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
When you think of it, this is really a special honour. It is so challenging to own, restore, drive, and manage a classic, let alone maintain it within the parameters of most original components etc. Then to actually campaign at least 2 from the Classic BMW family, AND be known for actually driving to events all over North America! In any classic car club or organization, what Andrew continues to do with his Coupe and '02, well, is simply outstanding. I know what this means, as I attempt to keep other old classics fit and "engaged" Not easy. Slam dunk I would say. Congratulations Andrew! Mike

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde,

As I understand, it was NOT a winning number, but a winner as judged by the BMW CCCA leadership. Well deserved in my opinion.

Gary

It was my poor dry humor, I know it was not a raffle, and certainly well deserved!

Now, when can I enter next year's draw :).

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Andrew also won the prestigious Parker-Spooner award at Ofest this last fall.
This is for the best E9 overall at BMWCCA Ofest.
A number of members on here have won it.

Dirk

Reaction score
The Ultimate Classic - #53 Winter 2017 - Andrew Wilson.png