Matching vin numbers

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A 73 euro CSI chassis number 2264672
that has engine block number 5071335.
block is a 3.0/3.3 block
Per Realoem.com, 5071335 is a US 1977 e12 530i 3.0 engine block. Not a bad thing provided the head has been replaced with a later version. Ideally “82” or later. Casting year can be found on the intake side on the head.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Per Realoem.com, 5071335 is a US 1977 e12 530i 3.0 engine block. Not a bad thing provided the head has been replaced with a later version. Ideally “82” or later. Casting year can be found on the intake side on the head.
Head is 1980.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris, Hi Chris, Since we are on the subject of the VINs, I dropped off my CSi engine block 2263210 to Carl a few years back. He may still have it in his pile of junk, if the new owner is interested. Long shot.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shouldn’t an original euro CSI have matching vin numbers on its block?
Trying to track down a few VIN’s of my cars. Previously, went to BMW Classic Center/Munich though now heard they are closed. Would it be possible to share your source?

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Trying to track down a few VIN’s of my cars. Previously, went to BMW Classic Center/Munich though now heard they are closed. Would it be possible to share your source?
You put vin # in on real OEM.

Whipcity

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You put vin # in on real OEM.
That works for Jan 75 and newer BMWs and only provides a month/year. Mine comes up as an e30. The Archive has been responding to requests even though the initial reply says wait.
o.k., so where does one go since all my cars are b4 Jan 75?