M90 Engine in Connecticut

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nmna
Member here found this but I have 4 spares already.
Seller asking 1000.00
late m90
Pm me for contact info
Out skiing today will respond tonight.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don, Perhaps you could offer a few thoughts on the merits of M90 or a M30B35 for a coupe upgrade? I gather you approve of both... When (for what type of customer) would you suggest a M90? I'm not planning a swap now, just interested...

(Others thoughts are more than welcome too!)
Thanks,
Paul

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
before we started my engine build (with Don), we evaluated euro b34 / m90 / b35. euro b34 was 10:1 / 218 hp, m90 i think is 9.3:1 / 208 hp and b35 is 9:1 / 208 hp. if i remember correctly, you want to make sure the pistons are still good in an m90 because i don't think you can get them - except for custom.

1000 bucks for one that is still running with the C tube manifold is a good thing for a coupe ... and you don't have to pay to remove it from a car ... another plus.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
euro b34 ... we will be using megasquirt. we have a schrick 284 cam and we should be around 240 hp ... so Don highly recommends MS as Motronic won't be a good match, even with a chip.

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My Sahara Coupe is running a Euro M30/B34 10:1 compression with a 284 Schrick cam. It is polished and ported and I also have the 320 C tubes that bump the torque even more. I have a Coupe King SS exhaust with the carrot in and have been running this engine for about 7 years. The advantage of the MegaSquirt PNP 2 over the Bosch is the ability to Autotune the engine as you drive and exactly match the engine configuration. With Bosch you can get some of the mods in to the chip but not all of them. Bosch is also a static tune while MS is dynamic and can and should be run every so often as the engine ages. I am also running a 5 speed dogleg with a 3.45 LSD and cruise at 70 mph at 2500 rpm. I think the engine is pushing in excess of 250 hp and possibly more. Tried to dyno it twice but something blew the run each time. Will do it again when I put it up for sale after Sixto is solid.

Regards, Jon

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My Sahara Coupe is running a Euro M30/B34 10:1 compression with a 284 Schrick cam. It is polished and ported and I also have the 320 C tubes that bump the torque even more. I have a Coupe King SS exhaust with the carrot in and have been running this engine for about 7 years. The advantage of the MegaSquirt PNP 2 over the Bosch is the ability to Autotune the engine as you drive and exactly match the engine configuration. With Bosch you can get some of the mods in to the chip but not all of them. Bosch is also a static tune while MS is dynamic and can and should be run every so often as the engine ages. I am also running a 5 speed dogleg with a 3.45 LSD and cruise at 70 mph at 2500 rpm. I think the engine is pushing in excess of 250 hp and possibly more. Tried to dyno it twice but something blew the run each time. Will do it again when I put it up for sale after Sixto is solid.

Regards, Jon
Jon, what plugs are you running in that engine?

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
before we started my engine build (with Don), we evaluated euro b34 / m90 / b35. euro b34 was 10:1 / 218 hp, m90 i think is 9.3:1 / 208 hp and b35 is 9:1 / 208 hp. if i remember correctly, you want to make sure the pistons are still good in an m90 because i don't think you can get them - except for custom. 1000 bucks for one that is still running with the C tube manifold is a good thing for a coupe ... and you don't have to pay to remove it from a car ... another plus.

Had the pistons made for my M90 by JE. I think the total price with rings and pins was no more than $800, plus I got to pick the CR.