Low milage '72 CSA on eBay

Jon B

Reaction score
'72 Polaris CSA 2250025, low mileage, last registered in '73 due to accident. No engine/trans. Story & photos seem legit? Interesting details if original. If not, pick it apart...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140976291462

edit- sorry about the thread title spelling :(

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep - i saw that. its a shame to not have a low mileage matching numbers engine to go with the coupe. lot of labor left to put it back together. will be interesting to see what it sells for.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice body and interior, but all the other trim parts look unusually old and in less than ideal shape (may be from another parts car) for a 12,000 miles coupe that had been stored away for the last 40 years. Interesting how much it will sell for as it will be a perfect project for someone who wants to start with a nice rust free body.

Jon B

Reaction score
its a shame to not have a low mileage matching numbers engine to go with the coupe.
I think so too, but considering how many owners swap their 3-liter engines and auto transmissions, close period matches could probably be found, cheap.

Interesting engine bay details, hard to tell if it's been redone, looks too clean. Hard to believe that's original paint on the battery tray. Missing carbon filter under battery, steering reservoir. Still has US front strut spacers in place. Quiz: one missing sticker in engine compartment?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think so too, but considering how many owners swap their 3-liter engines and auto transmissions, close period matches could probably be found, cheap.

Interesting engine bay details, hard to tell if it's been redone, looks too clean. Hard to believe that's original paint on the battery tray. Missing carbon filter under battery, steering reservoir. Still has US front strut spacers in place. Quiz: one missing sticker in engine compartment?

There is some odd stuff going on under the hood. Painted strut nuts, overspray on the subframe that is not primer. I think the engine room has had paint work, which makes the rest of the story fishy.

Edit* I suppose it was in a roll over, that might explain it. Wish it had some shots before the body work. Wonder how it compares to the australian rust free shell?

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh well ... i guess we won't know what it sold for. so anybody on this list buy it. if so, keep us posted

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I spoke to the seller in 2009 about that car. I don't remember what he wanted for it then...I think $8K but I could be mistaken.

tmason

Reaction score
It seems odd that a car with 12K on it has so much curb rash on the rims?

imotors

Reaction score
Yes...It's true!!

This is my car, and the story is 100% true. The bodyshop repainted under the hood, and also the jambs. Why there is curb rash on the wheels is anyone's guess. When was the last time you all saw a set of XAS's??? As I mentioned above, REAL 12,000 mile car. Most parts are from the original car, but yes, some ARE from the parts car that was old and tired. Any questions or concerns are HAPPILY answered and discussed.
steve apter
724.325.0000 office
4125.638.2647 Cell