Lost & Found

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In 2012 I was at Laguna Seca with my wife and son and somehow lost my camera. Last month I saw a post on the CCA-LA Chapter page of facebook with a pic of my coupe. A gentleman from Houston found it a rental car he had returned to SFO, not sure when but sometime later as he wasn't at the track. He forgot about it and the camera is long gone but he had the SD card. We messaged and he sent me the card and I found a couple of pics I thought I would share.

Murray Fowler and his last trip to Monterey in his BluMax, he passed away the following February. Hard to believe it was that long ago.
DSCN3393.JPG

Fred Larimer showing a 12 year old Collin how to use Fred's camera.
DSCN3390.JPG

Shawn and Collin at Laguna Seca.
DSCN3392.JPG

And one of my favorite photos, this was at Rancho Canada in Carmel Valley for our first LOTA with Mercedes and Porsche.
DSCN3368.JPG

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The heck with the car, that photo of you and your family is much nicer.
Have a great day.
Harry

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't believe it has been that long since Murray passed. What a great time capsule!! I'm heading west tomorrow. Hope to see you in the next couple of weeks.

John

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can't either...certainly miss the the old curmudgeon. Spent many a late night on the phone (I'm east coast) with him cussin' politics, the proper way to clean window motors, scrubbing vinyl door cards in the bathtub, etc...Thanks for sharing the pictures, Chris.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can't either...certainly miss the the old curmudgeon. Spent many a late night on the phone (I'm east coast) with him cussin' politics, the proper way to clean window motors, scrubbing vinyl door cards in the bathtub, etc...Thanks for sharing the pictures, Chris.
I suspect Murray would have backed me up on the Ukraine apathy theme. He spoke his mind.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
That’s a great story, thanks for sharing. I’m pretty much unacquainted with all of the “old guard” that seems to make up the core of this on line community. I never thought that I’d find such an open, friendly, and knowledgeable group of people when I made my little name/profile. Your story, and the subsequent comments drive this point home.