Looking for upholsterer for complete e9 front seat rebuild including padding

guanshee

Reaction score
I have an 73 e9 that needs the front seats rebuilt. This includes all foam pads to be redone. Does anyone have any vendors in California who can rebuild them?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a tough question ... as it is generally a local question due to the expense of shipping large / heavy items. we know where to get kits which make it easier to reupholster seats - i think the best are from GAHH. but it is always up to finding the best installer. i would imagine in your area there are some good people, but you would need the recommendation from other forum members ... or our friend @sfdon (who is on the disabled list) or somebody like Terry Conners.

looking ahead, anybody who has had this work and has good success stories / recommendations, please start a CONVERSATION with me and i will include them in the FAQ - Best Sources thread.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Contact Freddie auto upholstery in SF. He runs a one man shop in the Bernal Heights neighborhood. Google him up.

He’s an old school car upholsterer (excellent work) who does most of his leather work from scratch, but he can also use Gahh kits if one desires. Does most jobs in a timely manner. He does a lot of classic car interiors, both European and American. Real reasonable rates when compared to most S.F. Bay Area auto upholstery shops ($$$).

My 850i’s headlining and rear parcel shelf were recovered by him with liked OEM materials and both came out great.

Howard

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Have a similar need in the Palm Springs area. Any recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks all.

Jon C

Reaction score
I had 2 Scheel e21 seats recovered by Sang's Custom Auto Upholstery in Merced. Just picked them up this AM. His price was very fair, especially compared to local shops. excellent work --- it was worth the 2 hour drive from San Jose. his number is: 209-658-8586

Attachments

• IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4252.jpg
    IMG_4252.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 55

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it is leather I can recommend Sidco in Mountain View, they did my E24 in German leather.
My E9 is original vinyl and I am not sure they can source something suitable for that...
I deal with Alex, the owner.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The auto trim shop that has done excellent work on my car is in north Miami. They recently did the seats for an E9 customer using the customer's World Upholstery kits. They would never use those kits again. Poor fit and no way to get the crease in the bottom or back of the seats, front or rear.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The auto trim shop that has done excellent work on my car is in north Miami. They recently did the seats for an E9 customer using the customer's World Upholstery kits. They would never use those kits again. Poor fit and no way to get the crease in the bottom or back of the seats, front or rear.
@Drew Gregg if you want to give me their name / contact info, i will put them on the Top Sources list

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Everyone - if you have used somebody for upholstery work on a vintage BMW - please send me who you recommend and i will include it in the FAQ - top sources. this is something that we need regional recommendations due to the high cost of shipping. we really want to recommend people who have done exceptional work or at least excellent work. if you weren't happy, please don't recommend.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was very happy with SIDCO in mountain view. If you contact them tell Alex hello from Mike Wobber. Also feel free to IM me if you need more info. I looked at lots of shop before I decided on SIDCO. He does many BMW's and top of the line work

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Drew Gregg if you want to give me their name / contact info, i will put them on the Top Sources list
Scott--Shamrock Auto Trim 2040 NE 154th St No. Miami, FL 33162 1-305-944-3621
Lee McPherson. This is a family-owned business that has done work on several of my cars & trucks for over 35 years. Lee knows the E9 interior.