Looking for Original Alpina 14s staggered

John S

Reaction score
Stagger

Maybe he's thinking of using the later 'Alpina style' stock 6x14" alloys in the front and the 7x14" ones in the back?

mwcs73

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes sorry my bad.

I mean I'm not looking for a "set" of 4 identical ones, but 2 fronts at 6x14 and two rears at 7x14 ideally.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes sorry my bad.

I mean I'm not looking for a "set" of 4 identical ones, but 2 fronts at 6x14 and two rears at 7x14 ideally.

I don't think they will match. The BMW turbine alpina look wheels will look different than the Alpina wheels

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think only a purist would notice!

I think if you go with a factory FPS wheel from a '74, nobody will notice (except for the missing Alpina logo.

Go with this up front (although this one is bent):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Alpina-...ash=item4afc232f1b:g:NvwAAOSwQYZW06U8&vxp=mtr
s-l1024.jpg

And Alpina in the rear (photo credit: Bela22):
DSC00097.jpg

Just don't get these. Notice the ridges on the spokes and the thick ring around the lug holes (photo credit: onovakind67)
S7300601_zps067d4f69.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mark,

i think you would be mistaken. the red '73 that Charles sold here in Atlanta a year or so ago - when he got it, there were 3 fps wheels and one alpina - it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark,

i think you would be mistaken. the red '73 that Charles sold here in Atlanta a year or so ago - when he got it, there were 3 fps wheels and one alpina - it stuck out like a sore thumb.

I don't doubt that I'm mistaken, but they look pretty similar to me. I wouldn't do it, but it would be good to see a pic. I can help in that department if a real pic was never snapped. Other than the depth of the lip, and paint color made them stand out?