long sought after, here they are, headlamp cover white screws !

m73

Reaction score
Installed mine today. Not exactly the same quality and a bit white compare to the originals.

I agree. They seem translucent white & also a hex screw with plastic mold attached.

The originals are much different plastic and construction.

-M

Philippe db

Reaction score
Can someone post a close up photo of the new screws? I'm very curious to see what they look like.

Ian

Take a look at the post that started this thread.

And here is a compare between old and new. I think in the 70th they probably weren't able to produce such super white plastic.

Attachments

• screws 001.jpg
    screws 001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 104
  • screws 002.jpg
    screws 002.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 107

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Philippe db for the photos.

It looks like they are somewhat more opaque than the originals, but not as solid white as I had thought. There are many kinds of plastics available. I was looking at making some out of Natural colored HDPE which I believe was the correct material. I have slotted fillister head screws that are very close to the original profile. It sounds like they used a hex bolt instead.

I may go ahead and create my molds since I've purchased the molding materials and now they have arrived. W&N actually has a pretty aggressive price which I wouldn't be able to match because I'm buying materials in such small lots. Anyway, it will be a fun project. I may be able to match your paint color for small runs.

Ian

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i will post a pic of ones i got from BMW 2 years ago or so, when i get home. this is not much different to what has happened to the plastic water reservoirs for the washer fluid and coolant - they turn brown over time. i would think this is the same translucent white plastic used for those elements as these screws.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i will post a pic of ones i got from BMW 2 years ago or so, when i get home. this is not much different to what has happened to the plastic water reservoirs for the washer fluid and coolant - they turn brown over time. i would think this is the same translucent white plastic used for those elements as these screws.

+1
fully agree

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nope. The free shipping promoted in the email with "greetings from Germany" must not have applied to US. I'm going to decline offer with €29 shipping!