location sheetmetal piece ?

arnie

Reaction score
Hello,

while I'm actually restoring the left front under the fender, I'm just curious where the hell a specific part ist sitting in the body. It's this one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-E9-2-5-2...975186348?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item1c2aaed9ac

extension bulkhead ?!?

See the no.6 in the attached picture also.

Has anybody a clue where to find it in the E9 ? A picture of it probably ?

I can't find that mysterious thing in my car. Probably it's almost gone like a lot of panels there ;)

Thx

Ingo

Attachments

• extension.jpg
    extension.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 150

m_thompson

Reaction score
There are some diagrams in my fender replacement instructions that show where all of the parts go. That part goes from the edge of the fender, along the top of the wheel well, and down into the divider between the engine compartment and the heater intake plenum. The weather strip between the engine compartment and the heater intake plenum goes on top of it.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...nxtdGhvbXBzb25vcmd8Z3g6NTU3ODk3MGNmMjg2OTgyYQ

D-jetronic

Reaction score

arnie

Reaction score
thx guys,

now there's hopefully a certain trace to the riddle. :grin:

I marked the area where I now guess the location is. Is that right ?
As I understand is this the outer carrier of the middle rubber seal and the end part of the dividing wall between the engine compartment and the heaterbox sitting on the wheel well.

If so I won't need that.

Attachments

• positionguess.jpg
    positionguess.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 146

m_thompson

Reaction score
At a BMWCCA meet last Sunday I had some fun showing people that "before" picture of the coupe. They were more than a little horrified that it was in that condition when it was only 10 years old.