Let's go skiing!

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't wait to get my boards on. Here is what Ski says about Telluride ranked #7 on their list. Oh, and we got 11" last week My condo is sitting empty and waiting for us.

"More raw character, local charm and natural beauty than any other resort"

Last edited:

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
It looks like a pair of gloves on the trunk. However, I first saw it as a gaping hole in the trunk. I guess I’m just seasoned from seeing large missing rusted pieces of coupes. I also couldn’t stop thinking about all of the items scratching up the paint on the car.

SkiFast

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Site Donor
Reaction score
That RetroSkier site is great. Who even knew they made a "The Ski" monoski?
The Ski, was the creation of Bobby Burns (Sun Valley). The monoski (2 versions) was the brainchild of Mervin Manufacturing, aka LibTech, which called their 'The Ski' tribute board 'Le Ski'. They also did tribute to the Solomon Force 9 ski called the 'Shalom'. The Mono on the left 'Le Ski' is designed after the classic 'yellow & blue'' mismatched pair. The Mono on the right (all red) copies their TRS model ski.

The Ski.jpg

SkiFast

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Site Donor
Reaction score

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Ski, was the creation of Bobby Burns (Sun Valley). The monoski (2 versions) was the brainchild of Mervin Manufacturing, aka LibTech, which called their 'The Ski' tribute board 'Le Ski'. They also did tribute to the Solomon Force 9 ski called the 'Shalom'. The Mono on the left 'Le Ski' is designed after the classic 'yellow & blue'' mismatched pair. The Mono on the right (all red) copies their TRS model ski.
That is so cool. Never saw either of the The Ski monoskis before and the "Shalom" is great.

Skied on a yellow/blue pair back in the day until they just plain wore out, but they were great while they lasted. That web site has so much good history, -all the Olin Mark IV's, Hexcel, K2 etc., etc. Great stuff!

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool, I've seen many other skis offered by car companies (Mercedes, Audi, Lamborghini, and others) but not these. Super rare!
They are cool. They have white "Rallye" as well. Also, silver which is the racing model. I believe Spalding Squadra Course with the Motorsport topsheet.