Legends of the Autobahn

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Registration is now open for this annual event.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....BF9BB-B3D4-615B-6055B56A3C7CA2C8#.UT6iI4y9KSO

Date is August 16th and the location has changed to the Pasadera Country Club which is right next to Laguna Seca and also Concorso Italiano which is held at the Laguna Seca Golf Club. This new venue should be even better than Rancho Canada in Carmel. And it is much easier to get to especially for those staying in the Salinas area.

Although you may see my coupe registered for the Concours it will be for display purposes only this year, I promise! It's time for others to be recognized for their outstanding coupes. Start making plans now to attend and join the fun.

Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh Chris, pull a Mike Washington and put it in at the last minute. This is no slam on Mike ... he has a gorgeous e30 M3 that has over 100k miles and has seen plenty of track days and rallies - but is now trailered to ofest. and Mike is a great guy too - so if you know Mike you know what I mean. (Gary might have other thoughts as he has competed against him)

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh Chris, pull a Mike Washington and put it in at the last minute. This is no slam on Mike ... he has a gorgeous e30 M3 that has over 100k miles and has seen plenty of track days and rallies - but is now trailered to ofest. and Mike is a great guy too - so if you know Mike you know what I mean. (Gary might have other thoughts as he has competed against him)

Yeah, that was not fun and I entered because Mike did not.
The morning of the concours he entered his car.
I know sour grapes but when your car has 160k on it and was driven 10 hours to Ofest there's no contest. At Bham Ofest his E30 M3 got a perfect score.
Needless to say I'm not doing that again.

Thanks Chris for being considerate of others.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and for people who have not seen Gary's e28 M5 ... its also REALLY pretty and impeccably maintained ... and most importantly its DRIVEN.

put i will echo Gary's thoughts ... its very kind of you Chris to give others a choice. but, if nobody steps up ... you need to compete Chris to get a win for the e9 crowd.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shawn may drive the e30 cab up so Collin can enter in Clean in the Open Class. He had a lot of fun last year and he could win his own award, that would be cool.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 - loved seeing his car and quizzing him on how he was able to rebuild the engine himself.

and for people who have not seen Gary's e28 M5 ... its also REALLY pretty and impeccably maintained ... and most importantly its DRIVEN.

flarimer

Reaction score
I for one hope Shawn and Collin do indeed take the cab. Would be great to see the car do well and believe with the TLC you, Shawn and Collin can apply, the car will do well.

Shawn may drive the e30 cab up so Collin can enter in Clean in the Open Class. He had a lot of fun last year and he could win his own award, that would be cool.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Registration is now open for this annual event.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....BF9BB-B3D4-615B-6055B56A3C7CA2C8#.UT6iI4y9KSO

Date is August 16th and the location has changed to the Pasadera Country Club which is right next to Laguna Seca and also Concorso Italiano which is held at the Laguna Seca Golf Club. This new venue should be even better than Rancho Canada in Carmel. And it is much easier to get to especially for those staying in the Salinas area.

Although you may see my coupe registered for the Concours it will be for display purposes only this year, I promise! It's time for others to be recognized for their outstanding coupes. Start making plans now to attend and join the fun.

Chris

Hoping to make it out from the east coast this year. Not bringing a car, but looking forward to seeing yours, Chris, so I am glad it will be there. Carmel in August will be a welcome relief from Florida, and my wife is actually excited to go to a car show. Will hit this show and Concorso Italiano the same day.

Scott

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hoping to make it out from the east coast this year. Not bringing a car, but looking forward to seeing yours, Chris, so I am glad it will be there. Carmel in August will be a welcome relief from Florida, and my wife is actually excited to go to a car show. Will hit this show and Concorso Italiano the same day.

Scott

BTW if you are coming that far go see the Pebble Beach Concours 8/18. The most amazing car show I have ever been to. Watching people is as much fun as the cars. Jay Leno was there and raised about 50k for a charity in about 30 minutes.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
BTW if you are coming that far go see the Pebble Beach Concours 8/18. The most amazing car show I have ever been to. Watching people is as much fun as the cars. Jay Leno was there and raised about 50k for a charity in about 30 minutes.

Oh yeah, I am on it. Will be there at 5am! My better half will be sleeping in while I do the full card nerd thing.
Scott

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pebble is fun, the people are the best part. I will be a Class Host again wearing the jaunty driving cap, tie and blazer. Cars enter ther field around 6, best time to be there.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

put i will echo Gary's thoughts ... its very kind of you Chris to give others a choice. but, if nobody steps up ... you need to compete Chris to get a win for the e9 crowd.

I have seen it and it is a beauty!

runner

Reaction score
I'll be there again this year, as I haven't missed in many years. Best week of the year easily for car people. Only problem is I won't be driving my coupe.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
So what coupes will be there?

So, I am confirmed for Monterey weekend. Staying in Carmel. Will do Legends of the Autobahn early Friday, then we have tickets to the Quail (ridiculous splurge, going with friends in from Boston). Saturday we hit the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my 9 year old and her cousins from the Bay Area, and then Sunday will go to Pebble, where a friend from Florida is showing a "survivor" Ferrari 250GT PF Coupe that he bought with his late father back when they were cheaper.

I am excited to see other coupes. There are none that I have ever seen in my area. I have the only one as far as I can tell. I did see the CSL at La Jolla Independent a few years ago on a trip to SD for a convention, but that is about it. Want to compare all the details on other coupes to mine.

So who is headed to the show with a coupe?

Motorhead

Reaction score
I'll have Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the shows. I've managed to re-arrange the family holiday so it coincides with this, but I'll have to drive down from San F every day where I'll leave the wife and kids.

It'll be my first time so please suggest the best way to spend my hours.

Thanks, Richard
(in UK)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like eight coupes registered so far for judging, that's a great turnout, and many are here for the first time. There will be more in the corral and on display as well. I would like to meet more owners this year, I'm easy to spot too!

:)