Lan-suspension new shock absorbers and springs front and rear

Henrik

Reaction score
If you have Bilstein gas shocks they are pre-loaded with gas. If one of them has a leak it will certainly give a less upward force. (Lowering the car in that corner). If you didn't notice any difference between the two rear shocks when replacing the springs this theory will probably not be worth anything, but a cheap test is to check if itś a difference in resistance when you press down the rear fender on each side of the car. When lifting the car by the differential the difference in hight will be probably still be there, but not as much as it would be if the car was standing on ground.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you have Bilstein gas shocks they are pre-loaded with gas. If one of them has a leak it will certainly give a less upward force. (Lowering the car in that corner). If you didn't notice any difference between the two rear shocks when replacing the springs this theory will probably not be worth anything, but a cheap test is to check if itś a difference in resistance when you press down the rear fender on each side of the car. When lifting the car by the differential the difference in hight will be probably still be there, but not as much as it would be if the car was standing on ground.

i tend to disagree of this
the stance is given by the springs, the shocks have nothing to do with it, a shock is unable to stand the weight of a car, the spring does

the shock limits the oscillation of the spring…that my father told me…

Henrik

Reaction score
Those who has replaced their gas shocks may have noticed that you need to compress the new shocks before you assemble. If this force somehow disappear it will have an effect of the ride hight, dependent of the weight of the car (body), in that corner. The difference can be insignificant or clearly visible. Our cars has a very light rear end so my assumption is that it will be "visible".

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Those who has replaced their gas shocks may have noticed that you need to compress the new shocks before you assemble. If this force somehow disappear it will have an effect of the ride hight, dependent of the weight of the car (body), in that corner. The difference can be insignificant or clearly visible. Our cars has a very light rear end so my assumption is that it will be "visible".
i disagree
the force required to compress the shock is times less than the weight of 1/2 rear coupe
effect in ride hight = negligible