LAN speaker invasion into the dash impossible hole

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the dash hole is not enough hole

modern speakers find difficult to sit in that place, it is a 4x6, but modern speakers tend to be 4,01 x 6,01 enough to be not fitting the hole

moreover the depth is not compatible with the grille

so
1713190022719.png

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the inner support, all cuttings have been strategically defined in order to allow assembly and sound flow, but keeping robustness and structural integrity

1713190206018.png

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Harmon box you photographed says "Nominal impedance: 3.0 ohms", so wouldn't connecting two speakers in series give 6 ohms? And if that's what you are doing, where did you mount the second speaker?

apologies, yes, 6 Ohm
second speaker seats on top of rear transmission tunnel
insde an appropriate blaupunkt box, it is cute non obtrusive and works well

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 635. The speakers stuck out too far. Solution was a spacer behind the grill of matching material the
that the grill was made of

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
is that possible in the e9 ?
I think it would be tricky; if I understand tthe suggestion well, it would mean bringing the speaker grille further into the passenger compartment, and to (for example - sacrilege warning here:) use an old grille where you remove the slats, so to keep only the 4 edges.

Problem is that directly in front of the grille is one of the wooden pegs on the vinyl tray. The grille couldn't move more then a few mm's.
Erik.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it would be tricky; if I understand tthe suggestion well, it would mean bringing the speaker grille further into the passenger compartment, and to (for example - sacrilege warning here:) use an old grille where you remove the slats, so to keep only the 4 edges.

Problem is that directly in front of the grille is one of the wooden pegs on the vinyl tray. The grille couldn't move more then a few mm's.
Erik.
You right