Keenny Loggins '73 3.0cs at Munich Evolution

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Big speakers in kickpanels and rear shelf. Front and rear side markers still there after all those renovations.

pamp

Reaction score
Weird

To see what appears to be a well sorted car with the DOT spacer a top of one strut bearing and not the other. The spacers were on top when I bought my car, too lazy to shorten the studs I suppose.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yep. I can't stand overspray on hood latches, washer hose clips on hood, wiper motor support, trunk rod clips/spacers, etc. Still has the engine hunts at warm up idle, why hasn't he addressed these issues. He also needs to smile and not try to look like a tough guy.

:)

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Memories

When I was a junior in high school I went to Newport Beach for our summer trip. I was already a few years into the habit of checking out the LA Times classifieds for cars. That summer I saw the ad for Kenny Loggins BMW 3.0 cs and made my dad and friends drive with me to check it out. As stated it was silver. After seeing it and the original title at a used car dealer my dad taught me one of many lessons. He said, "Now there are special cars and there just used cars and that is just a used, tired car." it was pretty ratty in 1982. But I was obsessed and just kept on the quest! I'm glad I've got the ones I do. Funny to see this. What an indulgent father!
Chuck

dj_efk

Reaction score
I think it's a nice car, who cares if a few of the details are slightly out, just gives the new owner a few things to do to make it "theirs" - If they care about the details concerned of course. I don't believe it's priced to be a concours contender?

I think we can be in danger of being a little nit-picking and negative sometimes.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sloppy in the details often means sloppy in the big stuff

Maybe it is picking at nits, but if they couldn't be bothered to cover the wiper motor then i would assume the paint job likely failed to do a lot of things right .... things that you won't see for a few years. Then they'll rear their ugly head and you'll wonder why the 'professional' paint job didn't last.

This car looks and sounds like it was an unprofessional hack job (body and mechanical). Usually the only way to fix these cars it to start all over again. So, why not buy a rust free but needs restoring E9 for $20k. It'll cost you less when it's done than redoing this car.