Just joined the Forum and bought my first 3.0CS

BlueBomb

Reaction score
I think this will be a great journey. My car is a 1972 3.0CS in Baikal blue. It is in very good original shape with a nice running engine and 4-speed transmission. It badly needs a nice paint job and new rubber, as well as a clean up of the interior. I hope to meet some of you at the August event in Monterey, but may not have my coupe ready to drive just then. I may have to come in my wife's 2011 328i, but that's not too much of an imposition!

Last edited:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrat's and welcome to the Fjord coupe club. My advice, clean it up, make it safe and enjoy it. Work on at in the off season meaning after Legends. :wink:

BlueBomb

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I have added more info on my profile and posted a few pics. I'm taking care of suspension, cooling system and checking out the A/C system soon. The car is otherwise very nice, and I have yet to find any rust!

tmason

Reaction score
Congrads on the car and welcome to the forum. Pull your rocker covers off to see if you have any rust hidden and if it's a non-sunroof car you might get lucky? Looking forward to seeing picture's.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is a non-sunroof car. By rocker covers are you referring to the bottom trim below the doors?

Yes, those covers, while they protect the rockers also trap dirt and water. Be sure to look at the seams under the covers for signs of rust.