Joystick remote for outside mirror

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
It looks like I am missing the joystick type control for my remote outside mirror on my 74 cs coupe. Does anybody have one out there, or any pointers where one might be found?
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0133.jpg
    DSC_0133.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 283

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks for that link.
Johnny

I’ve been considering whether there’s an elegant way to abandon mine and remove the controller. I often hit it with my knee, sometimes unaware until a mirror check reveals the ground, sky, or yellow road stripe. Anyone have similar thoughts/experiences?

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve been considering whether there’s an elegant way to abandon mine and remove the controller. I often hit it with my knee, sometimes unaware until a mirror check reveals the ground, sky, or yellow road stripe. Anyone have similar thoughts/experiences?

If it's the original factory BMW E9 electric mirror set up, I wouldn't mess with it. Leave it as is, because it's a rare and interesting option, and if they work perfectly even better. With that paint colour and your electric mirrors, you have found a bit of a unicorn of a car. Any other interesting or rare options you've discovered?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If it's the original factory BMW E9 electric mirror set up, I wouldn't mess with it. Leave it as is, because it's a rare and interesting option, and if they work perfectly even better. With that paint colour and your electric mirrors, you have found a bit of a unicorn of a car. Any other interesting or rare options you've discovered?

Thanks. You’re right, of course. I haven’t been able to find a good pic of what once covered the lever—a little protection might help. If you look at the eBay pics above, mine looks like this with the remnants of what looks like an itty bitty shift boot at the base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk