Jetronic - TPS repair

Jasper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good day, all.

The throttle switch of my CSi only activates injectors 1,3 and 5. The TPS passes the usual out-of-car tests. But I noticed it shorts between pin 9 and 20 because the sliding contact or the PCB is worn down and connects the fingers of the two combs as well as the sliding contact. Result is it only activates pin 9 (odd injectors), but twenty times instead of ten. if I switch 9 and 20 in the connector, only even injectors are activated. I'm not sure a new PCB will fix the problem as the slider contact isn't that pointy looking.

What are my options? Does anybody do refurbs extending beyond PCB-exchange? Or do I change the PCB and cross my fingers?

/Jasper

IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5727.jpeg

Jasper

Site Donor
Reaction score
In under half an hour two people recommended Ton, so I've reached out to him. Thank you for the help.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nuh-uh. Just the wrong clips, I guess. As well as the valve cover. :)
I believe Don is correct, the front 4 clips should go with the curvature of the airbox, the rear three go the opposite direction . So your front 4 would need to be rotated (if it matters to you).

IMG_5260.jpeg

Jasper

Site Donor
Reaction score
All done. And the TPS will soon be on it’s way back from the Ton.
By the way, how’s the thin hose from the radiator to the expansion tank supposed to be supported on a D-jet? Clip on the top front nut of banana no. 1?

IMG_5761.jpeg