Jeff Beck passing

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
Snagged this at local record store just 3 weeks ago. Some seriously incredible guitar work here!

A5A7C661-0217-4404-AA4B-8F84CF32A43D.jpeg

Christoph

Reaction score
How sad. Saw him in Mönchengladbach, Germany in summer 2019. Incredibly fast and precise he was. He had the best musicians with him and gave everybody plenty of room to shine.
Just listening to "Jeff Beck and the Big Town Playboys: Crazy Legs": JB playing songs of Gene Vincent and his Blue Caps.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"...along with another guitarist...," I love it.
Jeff gave that "other guitarist" the Telecaster he is playing here. Later primarily used on Led Zeppelin l and to record the solo to Stairway To Heaven and many other songs. I wore out Wired and Blow By Blow back in the day.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are many things to like about Jeff Beck beyond his amazing playing. He seemed to be an unpretentious, humble and decent fellow. He played with great backing musicians and gave them opportunities to shine and really participate, as opposed to just sitting in the background quietly making him sound good. For years his bands were made up of really diverse players too - not something always seen in rock and roll even to this day. And finally, I'm not being facetious here at all, I love the fact that he basically had the same haircut from 1966 until his passing. Gotta appreciate his dedication to that decidedly Mod do.

I think this performance of "What Mama Said" from the Late Show with David Letterman embodies all these qualities:

CSL177

Site Donor $
Reaction score
He was also a serious car guy... with a garage full of hotrods. That he wrenched on himself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>