interior filler neck plugs

coupelady

Reaction score
Hi,

I am doing what I seem to like doing - detailing. This gave me the opportunity to source my small parts stash for those plugs that go on the rubber boot that covers the filler neck in the interior. I have only one. Would anyone have one I could purchase for the O'Fest concours? Funny how things get put on the back burner than come to light as need to get done. I am still amazed as to how well BMW designed the trunks, it really is pretty. On to the interior tomorrow and on and on.

coupelady

Reaction score
Stan found a close replacement. That won’t be judged, it’s clean only.
I have entered in the Super Clean class which is all except the underside (pretty nutty). Plus it is a good time to get that little thing done. Believe me, Wayne (the husband) is steering clear when I get like this.........

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am doing what I seem to like doing - detailing. This gave me the opportunity to source my small parts stash for those plugs that go on the rubber boot that covers the filler neck in the interior. I have only one. Would anyone have one I could purchase for the O'Fest concours? Funny how things get put on the back burner than come to light as need to get done. I am still amazed as to how well BMW designed the trunks, it really is pretty. On to the interior tomorrow and on and on.

was that two for sale recently,

1CD336A6-764E-41F8-9BF9-3CAC880A29A4.jpeg

dbower

Reaction score
Amy, I think what Chris meant was that Ofest judging rules consider only cleanliness/condition. I don't know whether a missing plug on that filler neck would even be noticed, or dinged if it were. In any case, I assume it helps minimize fumes in the trunk. If you can't find an OEM one, there are lots of generic plug suppliers out there.

coupelady

Reaction score
I bet that is what was meant. But I challenge myself to get stuff done and enjoy each victory. I often tease others that you can tell an auto enthusiast when you have dinner with folks and smell like exhaust as your clothes were in the trunk on the way to the event. I do hope that these new plugs help with the exhaust smell. If not, oh well.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is your vapor recovery system fully hooked up, filler to plastic tank, line to cartidge under battery, line to air cleaner? It solved my fuel smell issue 14 years ago. It draws fumes from the container in the trunk into the carbs.

coupelady

Reaction score
Thank you Chris for outlining the system. With the triple webers much of that is gone. :)