Instructions: Trigger Points for fi

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone have the intstructions for the trigger points that go in the CSi distributers? They would be really helpful as my mechanic sorts out some problems.

You can email them to me at: [email protected]

Thanks, Stretch

John S

Reaction score
Trigger points

I replaced my injection points by (marking and then) pulling the distributor and then unscrewing the two screws that hold in the trigger points (denture) in place. Then I cleaned up the old grease off the cam that drives the points, added a little bit of new Bosch distributor grease. Inserted new points (denture). Secured with the two screws. There isn't any adjustment required. Just needs to be inserted carefully and secured with the two screws. Make sure the screws that hold the denture in place are in good shape. I had to replace the ones on my distributor with new ones to solve an ignition problem that I struggled with for years. The denture was slightly coming loose because the screws were stripped out a little bit. There is also a small seal that you can get from BMW that sticks around the opening in the Csi distributor body. Most of the time that seal around the denture is missing. Hope that helps,
John

Last edited: