Instagram or Facebook page?

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this forum associated with any IG or Facebook page? If not I think it would be a great addition.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fortunately it is not :).
Great addition for us or for them?

Depends what you want out of this hobby I guess. I figured the social media page may attract more coupe owners to this forum not just from the US but the world. Then again, more people more problems I guess. lol.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
perhaps we should link some pictures from our website / forum to instagram or facebook ... but not put any of our content there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Facebook already has an e3 and e9 page and some of the comments truly amaze me, members here suggest joining our Forum all of the time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The facebook platform is also worthless for structured discussion. They way that comments are handled is a hot mess for cohesive conversations across the group. Instagram has value as a showcase platform, but users can do that on their own. Overall I'm indifferent. I spend a LOT of time looking at e9 pictures, but few of them are ever on facebook or instagram.

I'm not a late adopter. I have a facebook account and I'm a member of the e9 group. I just never post. I also have an Instagram account.

Facebook is nice for vendor pages, especially vendors that don't have the bandwidth to maintain a stand-alone presence online (aka maintain a website).

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Personally, I am a dinosaur. Not on bookface. Don't want to be on bookface. This forum format fits my automotive enthusiast intentions perfectly. I have an Insta account for my business - the graphic nature works well for that. This forum seems to be all about fantastic information and wonderful people. I'd hate to lose that magic.

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am so against using any social media for our forum. Those sites use information for their clients. I see no reason exposing ourselves for their benefit.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Regrettably there are people that post parts and stuff on the e9 FB pages and not here, so I have an FB account for that and other car related pages, but I don't post what I'm having for dinner or how drunk I got last night.