Injectors for '72CSi needed

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am looking for a little help...

My CSi has been holed up in the shop for awhile due to 2 bad injectors. As part of my "lets get the car in good shape" plan they were sent off for cleaning/testing and two out of the six came back as non-salvageable.

If you have a set, or know of which direction I should head in, I would appreciate a PM.

Thanks,
Chuck

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
036 or 043.
Used, cleaned, rebuilt or new?
With or without hose or rubber bits?

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know which number (036 or 043). From what I have learned so far it is the former. Let me double check on that and get back to you.

New would be great, but used/rebuilt would work. Is there much difference (other than price) between those choices? I could send them off to be cleaned if needed.

Are the rubber bits/hose intrinsic to the injector, or are they attached?

I profess to having a healthy amount of ignorance about these injectors. However, I am learning a lot and I appreciate your advice

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Call Robert Jr. at 925-371-6551
Have the injector in your hand or the number off the injector written down.
Injectors w/o fuel lines and rubber bits are worthless. You need the whole package.

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
The injectors on my CSi are 043s.

What is the difference between the two? Is one harder to obtain or find a match?

Thanks,
Chuck

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alas, work got in the way today. I will reach out to Robert tomorrow and give you an update.

I appreciate all of the leads that have come my way. I am optimistic that I will find a some replacements

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don,

Thanks for the lead. I spoke with Robert and learned that they rebuild injectors at a reasonable cost. I have their address to mail off the two non-working ones.

In case one of them is not repairable, I am going to keep my eyes and ear open for additional ones.

Best,
Chuck

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Don,

Thanks for the lead. I spoke with Robert and learned that they rebuild injectors at a reasonable cost. I have their address to mail off the two non-working ones.

In case one of them is not repairable, I am going to keep my eyes and ear open for additional ones.

Best,
Chuck

send all to repair, two non working, but the other four ?, i would prefer to have the six of them rebuilt

Tom2240

Reaction score
Hello Cyrich
I have some 0 280 150 036 injectors , used working units or brand new in the box if you get stuck.
Regards Tom

Cyrich

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello Cyrich
I have some 0 280 150 036 injectors , used working units or brand new in the box if you get stuck.
Regards Tom

That is good to know. My CSi is using the 0 280 150 043 injectors...however, I wonder if I had a set of six of the 036s if they would work with my fuel pump/ECU.

Also, in case people research this topic in the future and this thread pops up, here is the link to the company that Don is using/recommended for rebuilding a fuel injector.

http://www.fuelinjectioncorp.com/

I am going to send my two bad ones off to them to see what they can do.

Best,
Chuck

DerSchwede

Reaction score
Injectors

About ...036 and ...043:

-the flow spec is the same, only the rubber is another blend. I use to cut off the old rubber hose and fit a modern with a small clamp - works fine every time. BUT: the ...036 was originally made for MB with another edge on the hose side - but works fine for BMW as well.

BTW: the first Si/CSi had ...003 injectors - again, same flow spec, just another hose/hose fitting. Later in 1973 the ...015 injetor followed. The ...024 Volvo injector was the predecessor of the...036 injector and hence also fit.

Sum up: The BMW factory fitted injectors are:
...003 from start
...015 from June 73
...043 from May 75

The following fit as well:

Cheers
A

Tom2240

Reaction score
Hi Neil
Yes I have a few sets of brand new in the box bosch injectors 0 280 150 036
pm me your email and I will send some photos
Kind regards
Tom

Simufly

Reaction score
Hi Neil
Yes I have a few sets of brand new in the box bosch injectors 0 280 150 036
pm me your email and I will send some photos
Kind regards
Tom
Injectors

About ...036 and ...043:

-the flow spec is the same, only the rubber is another blend. I use to cut off the old rubber hose and fit a modern with a small clamp - works fine every time. BUT: the ...036 was originally made for MB with another edge on the hose side - but works fine for BMW as well.

BTW: the first Si/CSi had ...003 injectors - again, same flow spec, just another hose/hose fitting. Later in 1973 the ...015 injetor followed. The ...024 Volvo injector was the predecessor of the...036 injector and hence also fit.

Sum up: The BMW factory fitted injectors are:
...003 from start
...015 from June 73
...043 from May 75

The following fit as well:

Cheers
A
I am a bit confused with the coding/numbering of the injectors.
This is a picture of a spare I have. I get the 0 280 150 151. What does the 632 signify?
This doesnt seem to compute with the injectors mentioned.
P1020943.JPG

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Look one more time - directly after the 0 280 150 we all can see three more numbers in your picture you posted here.

RogerB

Reaction score
I replaced my injectors last year on my CSL because two were leaking intermittently. I don't know which ones were leaking, but two were 280 150 003 and four were 280 150 043.

I was getting ready to order six new ones from W&N for around $200 each (plus outrageous shipping ) after deciding the two leaking ones could not be rebuilt. Fortunately a forum member
offered me as set of six he had purchased from W&N and then decided to go a different route. He sold them to me at a discount from what he paid plus free shipping : $962 total or about $160 each.
They were in the box unused. . I didn't notice what the # on them is but, I have been happy with that choice.

If anyone wants my old set, make me a fair offer and ; you can have them . RB