In search of short e9 video of an old man in love with his car...

Roman596061

Reaction score
It starts out with his garage door opening and the car lights put on and the engine roar and he states "it's alive."

Then into inside where he said how much he loves it and then the video shows his old clock and his cats, which is also loves/

Then he takes a short road on the back roads, less traveled, "the blue roads" and says he loves "third-gear."

Shot in CA and about 15-20 years ago.

Thanks

Richard

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The one he did with BMW NA...with THE Blue Max. It says 2800, but had a "built" 3.3, IIRC...Murray was one of a kind; great mentor and friend.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Murray was a special character. A consummate sales person. He loved those dinners we did with him. His wife Beatrice told me that he really would perk up the day of the dinner. He would always think up an e9 related trivia question. Our friend Drew came from Texas once to see him, that was a really special day for all of us.

After the m30b30, Murray had am m30b34 with a “special” Hans Hermann cam. The engine started to burn a lot of oil and needed replacing. If you’ve ever seen Murray drive, you’d understand. @HB Chris and I installed another b34 not too long before he passed. We would take turns taking him on drives down the PCH. He really loved that.

I delivered news papers to his house, that house, when I was a kid. I don’t know if he lived there at that time.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Two legends come together in the CSRegister Badge on the front grill in Murray's video. That badge, and I say this with complete confidence, was from the first run produced by the Legendary Art Wegweiser. Rare, rare, rare. I did two runs years later with the help of Bill Wallace and Stephen Bruns. Art sent me an original to use as a model. Of course the Legendary Murray Fowler would have nothing less than an original.

Stephen and I went on to produce window decals with the bade face and then license plate frames based on Art's original run. If Murray had been around when we did the decal and frame runs I am sure he would have been our first customer.

Many of us know Paul Wegweiser, Art's son. A great and generous guy and mechanic. But not the curmodgen his dad was.

My only complaint about Murray's video: Murray, it's way too short.

Steve

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah - Murray was a character.....
I remember when I posted on the forum here that I was looking for a coupe and... He and I talked a couple times about the cars he knew of that were available. Nothing came from those cars - but set the stage for me for later getting Velocewest's coupe... (if you old timers recall Tony)

Regarding Murray - Before he passed away, he had a 'garage sale' of a few items.
One of these items was a brass coolant expansion tank. I picked it up years ago and kept it for eventual use.
I had @sfdon clean it up and include it in the car he just finished for me.
Looks great - and adds some character to the engine bay (a little bit of bling within a bigger bit of bling - LOL)

Attachments

• 20231001_180149.jpg
    20231001_180149.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 61

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wouldn't have my coupe today if it weren't for Murray. In my earlier days, after I had just bought my E9 and was having second thoughts about keeping here due to an engine rebuild I had not contemplated when purchasing, Murray convinced me my car had great bones and was worth keeping and restoring. I recall that conversation we had outside his garage in 2008 or so where he was cleaning up some real Alpina wheels for sale. And what I learned sitting next to him about cars and life in general at car shows, Cars & Coffees -- priceless. He was one of the most impressive human beings I've met, apart from the E9 relationship. And this is a really great short film in all respects, mostly because it captures the humble, funny and wise demeanor of Murray.