in praise of the vent window

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I accumulate the components for an A/C retro fit, I have acted on the heater bypass with quite satisfactory results. Then recently, on a day trip with heat and some highway miles, I was able to fully appreciate the value of the vent window being opened all the way inward to direct cooler air into the cabin, and offer some respite from the heat of the day. No birds or fowl of any kind were otherwise directed into this moving vehicle, some larger insects however were introduced. On the upside, masses of cooler air was channelled into the interior and it really helped. Newer cars may have their "climate control" but we have the luxury of adjustable vent windows! Mike

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
It wasn't until I did a 100* run through traffic that I wanted AC. Four windows down, blower motor on, vent windows open and a sealed shifter were enough to be reasonable in the cabin.

When I first got it, only one window worked well, the blower was dead, I didn't understand the vent settings (what's trapezoid and what's diamond?), and heat plumed in through the shifter.

As I've cleaned up the big projects, I'm now cleaning up small projects. AC was off the list for a long time, but I might tackle it over the winter.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Improved ventilation, and they look great. I've always loved them.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
cigaretten...

I quit smoking about eight years ago (cold turkey...still have a new/sealed pack of regular Vantage in the cabinet just in case the wrong asteroid heads this way...), and am just learning that vent windows aren't just for my old nicotine habit...I really did love to smoke...but I do love the fresh air...
Dave V. in western NC

MMercury

Reaction score
11230591_1058776464149624_6399366259313408024_n.jpg