In case anyone is interested watching for the entertainment value or wanting to add to the stable...

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gorgeous Pagode! Really nice example. Best of luck with the sale. Lowering springs give it a perfect stance and will take away the typical front end drop whilst braking!

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Beautiful and elegant car afeustel. Love the respectful discussion/debate in the comments too. Must be hard to let her go after all that work. You must be a guy who enjoys the project and then once it’s all sorted out and you have experienced the car it’s time for the next project. I get it!

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily that guy, but for this one that is the way it has to be. Thanks for the compliments.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
beautiful car @afeustel ... was this always a car from Houston? reason i ask, i used to work in a Houston architectural firm where one of the senior architects had a pagoda about this age and these colors.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I finished a restoration on pagoda before buying my coupe. Actually, I couldn't find a good coupe and the 113 was on my list of cars I wanted to own. It was a good one, it had all the matching panel numbers, the correct factory spot welds under the hood, and the inner headlight body strikes that always get removed or mudded over. It also had all the paperwork and the original window sticker from Mercedes of Beverly Hills. Before that I had a 69 Camaro RS convertible. When one of my buddies first saw the 280SL he said, "you just went from every high schooler's dream car to every old man's dream car".

It was beautiful but I really didn't like it. It drove like a truck compared to my coupe. I remember thinking that my company car (Ford Taurus) was more fun to drive. It would be worth a small fortune now but I'm glad I sold it and found my e9 20 years ago.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
When one of my buddies first saw the 280SL he said, "you just went from every high schooler's dream car to every old man's dream car".
That probably stung a little, but I love it. It's good to have friends around that bring different perspectives to the table.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Lovely car. I particularly like the interior color. Hope it sells for big money.

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
That probably stung a little, but I love it. It's good to have friends around that bring different perspectives to the table.

Yeah, it did sting a bit - College buddy, so neither of us hold to much back if we think the other deserves it. He was right, it was kind of a stodgy car for someone in their mid 30s. :)

The coupe was perfect for my 38 year old self when I bought it, still perfect even now at 59.