Idle speed drop

mattie4859

Reaction score
Having run the car for awhile now after restoration, I'm finding an issue with the idle speed drop when coming to a stop and depressing the clutch...the revs drop from wherever they were before the clutch was depressed right down to a few hundred, before coming back up again to proper idle speed. My mechanic says it is a characteristic of the D-Jet system. It's not normally a problem since the car does always come back up to idle speed, except when the aircon is on...then the revs drop down to next to nothing and the car stalls (which is a problem). Anybody any suggestions for improvement? All the sensors and other bits and pieces in the injection system are new and appear to operating correctly.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
My mechanic says it is a characteristic of the D-Jet system

He's wrong or a part of a group that does not have service in mind?

All the sensors and other bits and pieces in the injection system are new and appear to operating correctly.
That's likely, as he's evidently replaced just about every FI component, at your time and expense, huh?
Now it's time for his nappy...

lol!

Not that I know much about D-jet but what i do know is when i hear a line of excuses...and from a mechanic it means time 4U to find a new one as the issue is (naturally) important to you and he basically is saying
live with it...Like he's your spouse? :mrgreen:

He can't even get up enough curiostiy to attempt to fix it.
IMHO that's his job...find someone who cares ...

Ran