I’m back...

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mike, glad to see you are back in coupe land. We all know you will be a great steward of the car. Selling the old one to buy a house and realize the goal of moving to Pacific Grove was a smart move. It is a beautiful area. We've been thinking of selling everything and semi retiring to Carmel Valley, but have to figure out how to get the kids all through college first. Hopefully see you and the new coupe in car week of 2021!

tightbox

Reaction score
Congrats Mike! Hopefully I will randomly stumble upon the outcome of your obsessive attention to detail and perfection at a Fogarty Winery gathering again in the near future. Your last one certainly turned out better than 99+% of the other restored e9's I've personally laid eyes on!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mike,

I 'finally' looked closely at your 'new' car. That is the same color combination as the '73 manual I owned in the mid '70s to early 80s. Mine had the pigskin leather upholstery, and looking closely at your front seats, it appears they are the pigskin as well. Quite rare to find, I think, but they wear FAR BETTER than the cowhide. Hope you enjoy this one as much as your previous one. I know it has a great caretaker.

cheers,

Gary

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
@OCCoupe Great seeing you last week Mike. So glad that you are back as a coupe owner, especially in the appropriate color.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh boy, the fun begins.....I will be quizzing you and @HB Chris soon once paint is done and reassembly commences (on my coupe!).....

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score

After looking at these pictures I now understand the “Burger” reference.
It’s amazing what a difference fresh, plated hardware makes. While I think the relays and rear shock tower covers are over the top ... this car and the work you did define the word “spectacular”

It’s so good it almost has me warming up to the color blue.