Hunting Ridge Motors

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Content wise, mine is very similar. Will be interested to see what it fetches. Numbers matching but 3.5 sounds a little odd. Also very surprised they didn't leave the Alpina letters in Aluminum when they repainted the air intake.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
based on the prices seen on other HRM listings, it ain't gonna be cheap. car looks pretty nice, haven't looked at it that closely.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

i don't remember seeing anything lower than 40k - most in the 50's ++
drop Mark a PM. he's a straight forward businessman - my brief conversations with him are encouraging and have all been positive. he is an e9 owner, a forum member, and a business. my memory is that he keeps his business off of this forum - lookup www.huntingridgemotors.com, his phone number is on the site.

your mileage may vary ...
best

scott

brammo

Reaction score
More insight...

Apparently this has had a very thorough restoration. I am going to try and get all the stats on this and hopefully some picture documentation, but I understand it started out pretty nice, but was a top to bottom job.

It sounds like this car could try and set a record for a CS. Actually I don't know what the record is :) anyone have any back up for a restored CS with soem custom work like this going for high 50s and into the 60s or 70s (K USD of course)?

Craig

bombayflash

Reaction score
price will be high. westchester high.
talked to him re. the 86 M635cs that he has on his lot and he is asking 38900.
recent sale of a similar car with same mileage (50K) sold in roundel for 24K.

brammo

Reaction score
60k + ??

price will be high. westchester high.
talked to him re. the 86 M635cs that he has on his lot and he is asking 38900.
recent sale of a similar car with same mileage (50K) sold in roundel for 24K.

I take it westchester commands a premium?

I think they are looking for over 60k for the car. It seems pretty nice!

Craig

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Craig,
You can search this site for "jabberjaw" to see what might be the most expensive modded restored plain cs. Car was in magazines, etc. After atan built it, I think it sold for north of 60 or 70k. Then that buyer resold to a current forum user for I believe a little less.

The trouble is that one can buy an injected csl, a genuinely rare and collectible car, for as low as 60-70k. One just sold at a Monaco auction for 68k. I think that is what puts a ceiling on cs prices. When csls go up some more, the ceiling on cs prices may rise a bit.

scott c

alanmcg

Reaction score
coupeking

coupeking has sold many coupes (cs not csl) in the $50-70k range (one to me), and several cars for considerably more than $70k. i think he gets absolute top dollar for his cars, some would say more than top dollar, but i have been very very pleased with my car and his follow-on support. i would buy another car from him in a heartbeat.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Craig,
You can search this site for "jabberjaw" to see what might be the most expensive modded restored plain cs. Car was in magazines, etc. After atan built it, I think it sold for north of 60 or 70k. Then that buyer resold to a current forum user for I believe a little less.

The trouble is that one can buy an injected csl, a genuinely rare and collectible car, for as low as 60-70k. One just sold at a Monaco auction for 68k. I think that is what puts a ceiling on cs prices. When csls go up some more, the ceiling on cs prices may rise a bit.

scott c

I bought Jabberjaw and the numbers above are in the ballpark but remember that I am now pouring 10K++ into the car to "fix" the things that weren't up to par or to my liking. These coupes are expensive and if you can find one already done to your liking I'd easily pay what one might think is $5K more than current market value.
Chuck

jbrucebmw

Reaction score
This is the same car I asked about several weeks ago when it went on ebay the last time. If they are expecting to get big money for it, they should be posting additional photos and documentation. It looks really nice, but it could be a 10ft car from the way the photos are shot and their low resolution. It seem odd to me that a dealer would not post more detailed photos if he's in the business of selling online and he has nothing to hide.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice car but...

based on the prices seen on other HRM listings, it ain't gonna be cheap. car looks pretty nice, haven't looked at it that closely.

I'm just guess from the pics, but Stan's car seems to be in slightly better condition (body/paint). The driver fender and rear cowl edge look scruffy and the rad support is bent. Big >73 front bumper holes were not filled in or converted to smaller <74 slot type. Wonder if they left the big holes in the rear panel too. Spare well is glossy, but it's pretty bumpy/rough under the paint ... which says short-cut to me.

Still, great color combo, very nice E9.