Reaction score
This might help?

p_052.jpg
p_053.jpg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's a good question Don ... @Arde, inquiring minds are curious. looks like a nice piece of kit.
It is great! Somebody wise showed me that gear and I am just the messenger. Used on my E9 and E24 that were hopelessly unaligned.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've always just parked my car (at night) pointing at a garage door and... used that for seeing how they were pointed.
That has worked ok for me for the up-down.
The left right - I just see how they looked on the road as I drove around and took it from there.

Yeah - it was kind of an iterative operation.

Then again - I think the last time I adjusted the headlights on any of my cars was... uh... 1986 or so... LOL

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I've always just parked my car (at night) pointing at a garage door and... used that for seeing how they were pointed.
That has worked ok for me for the up-down.
The left right - I just see how they looked on the road as I drove around and took it from there.

Yeah - it was kind of an iterative operation.

Then again - I think the last time I adjusted the headlights on any of my cars was... uh... 1986 or so... LOL
That's my method. Having weak-ass sealed-beam bulbs on the highway at night means you have the dimmest lights on the road, and nobody can tell if they're out of alignment or not. I added some extra lights below the bumper to help with the illumination.