How many 3.0 CSI in Pastellblau 044 ???

m73

Reaction score
I know at least one was posted here a while back....Want to say in USA but maybe CAN or AUS -- Someone can pull the thread up for you --

Best of luck,

Mo

Jacquescs

Reaction score
I know at least one was posted here a while back....Want to say in USA but maybe CAN or AUS -- Someone can pull the thread up for you --

Best of luck,

Mo
I noticed one to as a French car and a pre 73 model….so not original as i’ve seen on the colour list that Pastellblau only was in the period 1975-1977….

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score
I noticed one to as a French car and a pre 73 model….so not original as i’ve seen on the colour list that Pastellblau only was in the period 1975-1977….
I could be wrong, but the coupe posted here was a 75 model -- if someone finds the thread it will verify exactly the color and year but it definitely was a rare blue --

I am sure others will chime in, helps to be patient :)

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also, just for fun, how many Mintgrün 3.0CSs has the community seen in the US. Hint: The 3.0cs only came in that shade in 1974 and there might be a visual clue in this post.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also, just for fun, how many Mintgrün 3.0CSs has the community seen in the US. Hint: The 3.0cs only came in that shade in 1974 and there might be a visual clue in this post.

Mintgrün and Pastellblau are rare colors as you know. There were 18 1974+ colors available and both mentioned here are specific to 1974/1975.

A total of 1,275 CSI’s were built for ‘74/‘75. If you take that number and divide it by 18 colors you get a likely max of 70 pastellblau CSI’s. In reality however, it was far from an even color spread. I think we all know that metallics like Polaris and Fjord still dominated in these years.

The true number is likely far less than 70. Even with a high water of 70, spread that number across Europe and North America. One isn’t likely to see more than two pastel CSI’s in one place - ever.

m73

Reaction score
Here.....

fa52d238-e0c8-4d06-9a81-e2f88c9d5215-jpeg.144954

Last edited:

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score

Perhaps likely to be more 2.5 variants in this color, in that time, than 3.0csi's.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The only way to leverage BMW's information is to start submitting VIN numbers (one at a time) by a bunch of different people - then compile the information. sounds like a major task ... but its just sorting out the info that they already have ... i am happy to be one of the people obtaining info.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The only way to leverage BMW's information is to start submitting VIN numbers (one at a time) by a bunch of different people - then compile the information. sounds like a major task ... but its just sorting out the info that they already have ... i am happy to be one of the people obtaining info.
They won’t let you do that anymore. I’m surprised they just can’t do a data dump on every vin and color

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if everybody on the forum asked for a particular VIN - assigned in random ... couldn't we get the info? over a period of time - not slamming them with requests at one time. i have asked about a certain VIN previously. or am i missing something?

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You won't see many E9s, but you'll see some 2002s! In some lights, it looks like my yas marina...

Gerrit

Reaction score
I used to have a 1974 Pastelblau 2,5CS in the 80s...still have the original new sticker for it if anyone interested, 12 usd sent worldwide
tempImagePyXjpA.jpg